We are two females(English and Finnish) considering taking a horse back safari trip in Zimbabwe but are concerned about the saftey? We are thinking of going in Sept/Oct 2008, and would be riding around the Victoria Falls National Park, Zambezi National Park, and surround areas. I've read that there are food/general supply shortages out there, and that it is strongly advisable to register with the British Emabassy in Harare if travelling out there?
Has anyone taken one of these horseback trips recently, or due to take one? If you've visited these areas recently I'd love to hear your views/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 5 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 6 Kenya/Tanzania
- 7 Dubai first time
- 8 2 nights in Dubai
- 9 16 hours in Qatar
- 10 Petra from Israel
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 A South African in Lusaka
- 13 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 14 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 17 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 18 Safari suggestions
- 19 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 20 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 21 Travel to Africa
- 22 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 23 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 24 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris
- 25 Just starting to contemplate a safari--pointers please