We are two females(English and Finnish) considering taking a horse back safari trip in Zimbabwe but are concerned about the saftey? We are thinking of going in Sept/Oct 2008, and would be riding around the Victoria Falls National Park, Zambezi National Park, and surround areas. I've read that there are food/general supply shortages out there, and that it is strongly advisable to register with the British Emabassy in Harare if travelling out there?
Has anyone taken one of these horseback trips recently, or due to take one? If you've visited these areas recently I'd love to hear your views/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 2 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 3 Mini DV or Mini DVD Camcorder?
- 4 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 5 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 8 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 9 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 10 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 11 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 12 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 13 Dubai Guide
- 14 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 17 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 20 Alexandria
- 21 kicheche compared to porini
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 24 Chefchaouen Report
- 25 Tracking Gorillas