We are two females(English and Finnish) considering taking a horse back safari trip in Zimbabwe but are concerned about the saftey? We are thinking of going in Sept/Oct 2008, and would be riding around the Victoria Falls National Park, Zambezi National Park, and surround areas. I've read that there are food/general supply shortages out there, and that it is strongly advisable to register with the British Emabassy in Harare if travelling out there?
Has anyone taken one of these horseback trips recently, or due to take one? If you've visited these areas recently I'd love to hear your views/advice.
Zimbabwe safari - safety
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 6 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 7 Homestay Accomodation
- 8 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 9 Selous game reserve
- 10 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 11 Safari and Beach in June
- 12 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 13 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 14 Group Trip to Israel
- 15 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 16 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 17 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 18 what is the problem with the Germans in Egypt
- 19 security in Hurghada , Egypt
- 20 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 21 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 22 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 24 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 25 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice