We are two females(English and Finnish) considering taking a horse back safari trip in Zimbabwe but are concerned about the saftey? We are thinking of going in Sept/Oct 2008, and would be riding around the Victoria Falls National Park, Zambezi National Park, and surround areas. I've read that there are food/general supply shortages out there, and that it is strongly advisable to register with the British Emabassy in Harare if travelling out there?
Has anyone taken one of these horseback trips recently, or due to take one? If you've visited these areas recently I'd love to hear your views/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 2 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 3 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 4 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 5 Trip to Petra
- 6 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 7 Cape Town -safety
- 8 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 9 Trip to Merzouga
- 10 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 11 Swaziland in January
- 12 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 13 good internet connection option Meknes
- 14 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 15 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 16 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 17 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 18 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 19 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 20 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 21 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 22 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 23 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 24 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city
- 25 Egypt - where to buy a cartouche?