We are two females(English and Finnish) considering taking a horse back safari trip in Zimbabwe but are concerned about the saftey? We are thinking of going in Sept/Oct 2008, and would be riding around the Victoria Falls National Park, Zambezi National Park, and surround areas. I've read that there are food/general supply shortages out there, and that it is strongly advisable to register with the British Emabassy in Harare if travelling out there?
Has anyone taken one of these horseback trips recently, or due to take one? If you've visited these areas recently I'd love to hear your views/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HP printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT☎ HP TEC*h 24x7
- 2 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 3 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 4 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 5 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 6 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 9 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 10 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 11 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 12 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 13 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 14 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 15 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 16 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 17 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 18 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 19 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 20 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 21 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 22 Where are the best safaris in Africa?
- 23 Wilson airport transfer to NBO
- 24 Advice traveling to Morocco as a woman with a child
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!