Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Zimbabwe in July
Hi gang -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 2 Ideas about the trip.
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 5 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 6 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 7 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 8 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 9 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 What camera to use on safari
- 12 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 13 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 14 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 15 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 16 To go to Israel or not?
- 17 Bidair at JNB
- 18 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 19 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 22 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 23 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 24 Dubai > Oman?
- 25 Dubai > Seychelles hop