Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Zimbabwe in July
Hi gang -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 2 Small group tours in israel
- 3 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 4 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 5 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 6 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 7 Iran Info, Please
- 8 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 9 Safari on a budget!
- 10 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 11 fez accommodation
- 12 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 13 Egypt safe travel
- 14 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 15 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 16 what kind of phone
- 17 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 18 Johannesburg...?
- 19 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 20 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 21 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 22 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 23 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 24 Suggestions for a group tour
- 25 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May