Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Zimbabwe in July
Hi gang -
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 2 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 8 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 9 Questions about Chobe
- 10 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 11 Dubai > Oman?
- 12 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 13 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 19 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 20 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 21 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 22 Awesome trip and still not done
- 23 South Africa
- 24 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 25 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience