Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Private Guide for Cairo
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 Texting from US to Israel
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 6 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 7 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 8 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 9 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 10 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 11 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 12 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 13 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 14 Passport pages stuck together
- 15 Self drive tour south africa
- 16 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 17 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 18 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 19 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 20 Duba activities - help deciding
- 21 Eilat
- 22 recommendations for AI islands
- 23 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 24 Petra from Israel
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
Hi gang -