Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 2 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 3 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 4 Is the migration early this year
- 5 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 6 EXCURSION - HAIFA to YAD VASHEM
- 7 Cape Town Itinerary
- 8 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 9 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 10 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 11 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 12 Madagascar - your tips please
- 13 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 14 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 15 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 16 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 17 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 18 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 19 Road To Morocco Tours
- 20 Magnificant Morocco
- 21 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 22 Africa Film Festival
- 23 Roar Africa reviews
- 24 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 25 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
Hi gang -