Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 purchased now bought countless headquartered
- 2 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 3 Good experience with Flarian in Dubai
- 4 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 5 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 6 Insect Repellent
- 7 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 8 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 9 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 10 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 11 house exchange
- 12 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 13 casablanca airport taxis
- 14 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 15 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari
Hi gang -