Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 2 Israel itinerary
- 3 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 4 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 5 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 6 Safari photography help
- 7 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 8 Travel within Africa
- 9 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 10 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 11 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 12 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 13 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 14 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 15 Tanzania trip Advice
- 16 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 17 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 20 el gouna or soma bay????
- 21 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 22 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 23 Malawi with kiddos
- 24 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 25 Local Tanzania companies
Hi gang -