Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess
- 2 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 3 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 4 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 5 Victoria Falls
- 6 Cape Town
- 7 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 8 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 9 Morocco vs Turkey
- 10 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 11 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 12 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 13 Nairobi, where to stay
- 14 Widerness Lodges
- 15 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 16 Help plan African Safari
- 17 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 18 Tipping on Safari
- 19 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 20 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 21 Cape Town -safety
- 22 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 23 SA itin review
- 24 Botswana safari in late November
- 25 Ferry to Morocco
Hi gang -