Hi gang -
We are heading to Zimbabwe for two weeks in July. It will be our first Zim trip, and I was hoping to tap into your collective knowledge!
We'll be in Vic Falls, Hwange, and Matopos Hills.
1. I've heard horror stories of the cold - that nights can be below freezing, and that it is only warm for a few hours in the day. How bad is it, really? How does it work, if you're staying in tents or huts with only screens - do you bring industrial grade long underwear? (Its about 30 degrees right now where I live, and I cannot imagine camping or wanting to spend more than half an hour outside) Are you just constantly cold?
2. What is the safari experience in Hwange like in July? We've been told we're unlikely to see another vehicle while we're there, and that the game viewing will be abundant. Is this true? (I'd much rather match my expectations with reality, than go with false ideas and be disappointed).
3. Can anyone talk about the differences between Big Cave Camp and Amalinda in Matopos?
Thank you so much for any info you can share.
Zimbabwe in July
Hi gang -
- 1 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 2 Morocco - private tour operators
- 3 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 4 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 5 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 6 Kruger Park trip
- 7 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 8 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 9 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 10 Africa Safari
- 11 phone service
- 12 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 13 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 14 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 15 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 16 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 17 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 18 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 19 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 20 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 21 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 22 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 23 transfer from jnb and Durban airports
- 24 Trip Report - Honeymoon Safari in Tanzania - End of July/August 2012
- 25 ZAMBIA / ZIMBABWE SAFETY.