I've been reading this board for quite a few months now and I need some help with a Sept 2006 trip. Rocco has raised my interest for Zambia (decided against Zimbabwe due to current political situation) and canoeing on the Zambezi river. (I just loved his description "I cannot tell how much of a rush it is to go canoing in the Zambezi - often going through walls of hippos and seeing crocs jump in the water... while enjoying the incredible landscape"). After that experience we'd head on down to Botswana and finish up at Sambambili to see the leopards. The itinerary I am thinking of is starting in Victoria Falls for 1 night, then down to Sausage Tree Camp (2 nights) then to Savuti (for a land camp - 3 nights) then to Mombo (my husband's only request - thank you Matt Lauer)for 3 nights, then to Simbambili (3 nights) and finish up in Cape Town for 3 nights. My question is am I traveling too long of a distance by adding in Simbambili instead of another Botswana camp and secondly is the distance of going down to Sausage Tree camp on the lower Zambezi too far and then we'll be back tracking - would it better to do the Matesi Water Lodge for canoeing and seeing Victoria Falls. Hope this doesn't sound confusing but I'd love some input.
Zambia/Bots/Simbambili safari advice - am I trying to do too much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Uganda Travel Planning
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant