I’m looking for advice. I had a wonderful experience on my first safari last July which included Zambia (to see the falls), Botswana (Chobe Chilwero & Chief’s) and SA (Mala Mala & Ulusaba). I now find myself in the position of being “dragged” back by my family and a group of friends.
Since I’m doing the planning, I get to choose where we’re going. I’ve always wanted to see the Namib Dunes so Sossusvlei (2 nights?) is in. Since I’m in Namibia, Etosha (3 nights) would seem to be a no brainer.
Some of my group wants to see Victoria Falls (1 night) and, given Roccco’s enthusiasm, another 3-4 nights in Zambia. We’ll finish up back at Ulusaba.
My group currently consists of 9 and will probably grow to12. We’re planning for early August, ’07.
Namibia or Zambia first?
South Luangwa or Lower Zambezi? Which would contrast well with Etosha and Sabi Sand? A walking safari (i.e., walking between camps) is not an option.
And which camps/lodges? My group does get to approve my choices so they 1) need to be large enough to accommodate 12 guests and 2) need to be in the “upscale” category.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/enduro-rush/
- 2 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 5 Kenya/Tanzania
- 6 Dubai first time
- 7 2 nights in Dubai
- 8 16 hours in Qatar
- 9 Petra from Israel
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 A South African in Lusaka
- 12 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 13 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 14 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 15 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 18 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 19 Safari suggestions
- 20 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 21 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 22 Travel to Africa
- 23 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 24 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 25 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris