I’m looking for advice. I had a wonderful experience on my first safari last July which included Zambia (to see the falls), Botswana (Chobe Chilwero & Chief’s) and SA (Mala Mala & Ulusaba). I now find myself in the position of being “dragged” back by my family and a group of friends.
Since I’m doing the planning, I get to choose where we’re going. I’ve always wanted to see the Namib Dunes so Sossusvlei (2 nights?) is in. Since I’m in Namibia, Etosha (3 nights) would seem to be a no brainer.
Some of my group wants to see Victoria Falls (1 night) and, given Roccco’s enthusiasm, another 3-4 nights in Zambia. We’ll finish up back at Ulusaba.
My group currently consists of 9 and will probably grow to12. We’re planning for early August, ’07.
Namibia or Zambia first?
South Luangwa or Lower Zambezi? Which would contrast well with Etosha and Sabi Sand? A walking safari (i.e., walking between camps) is not an option.
And which camps/lodges? My group does get to approve my choices so they 1) need to be large enough to accommodate 12 guests and 2) need to be in the “upscale” category.
Zambia & Namibia Advice Wanted
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 8 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 9 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 10 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 11 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 12 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 13 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 Israel and Jordan
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back