I’m looking for advice. I had a wonderful experience on my first safari last July which included Zambia (to see the falls), Botswana (Chobe Chilwero & Chief’s) and SA (Mala Mala & Ulusaba). I now find myself in the position of being “dragged” back by my family and a group of friends.
Since I’m doing the planning, I get to choose where we’re going. I’ve always wanted to see the Namib Dunes so Sossusvlei (2 nights?) is in. Since I’m in Namibia, Etosha (3 nights) would seem to be a no brainer.
Some of my group wants to see Victoria Falls (1 night) and, given Roccco’s enthusiasm, another 3-4 nights in Zambia. We’ll finish up back at Ulusaba.
My group currently consists of 9 and will probably grow to12. We’re planning for early August, ’07.
Namibia or Zambia first?
South Luangwa or Lower Zambezi? Which would contrast well with Etosha and Sabi Sand? A walking safari (i.e., walking between camps) is not an option.
And which camps/lodges? My group does get to approve my choices so they 1) need to be large enough to accommodate 12 guests and 2) need to be in the “upscale” category.
Zambia & Namibia Advice Wanted
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 2 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 3 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 6 South Africa in February?
- 7 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 8 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 9 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 10 Dubai first time
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Zambia Impressions
- 13 Taste of Dubai
- 14 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 15 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 16 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 17 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 18 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 19 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 20 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 25 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb