I’m looking for advice. I had a wonderful experience on my first safari last July which included Zambia (to see the falls), Botswana (Chobe Chilwero & Chief’s) and SA (Mala Mala & Ulusaba). I now find myself in the position of being “dragged” back by my family and a group of friends.
Since I’m doing the planning, I get to choose where we’re going. I’ve always wanted to see the Namib Dunes so Sossusvlei (2 nights?) is in. Since I’m in Namibia, Etosha (3 nights) would seem to be a no brainer.
Some of my group wants to see Victoria Falls (1 night) and, given Roccco’s enthusiasm, another 3-4 nights in Zambia. We’ll finish up back at Ulusaba.
My group currently consists of 9 and will probably grow to12. We’re planning for early August, ’07.
Namibia or Zambia first?
South Luangwa or Lower Zambezi? Which would contrast well with Etosha and Sabi Sand? A walking safari (i.e., walking between camps) is not an option.
And which camps/lodges? My group does get to approve my choices so they 1) need to be large enough to accommodate 12 guests and 2) need to be in the “upscale” category.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 2 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 3 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 4 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 5 Viator tour company
- 6 tours in Johannesburg
- 7 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 8 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 9 South African Cities
- 10 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 11 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 12 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 13 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 14 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 17 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 18 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides