When I went to Botswana and Zambia in 2006 there were numerous posts about Zambia at that time, but very little in recent years. I am thinking of a return trip to Zambia only. Last time I spent 5 days in South Luangwe and I now want to visit SL, Kafue and Lower Zambezi. I know I will fly from Lusaka to Mfuwe, but I would like to know if anyone has done a road transfer from Lusaka to Kafue and Lower Zambezi. According to Bradt's guide one can drive to Gwabi Lodge in LZ and then get a boat transfer eastward to your camp. Also one can drive to Kafue and stay at somewhere like Hippo Lodge or Mukambi Safari Lodge for a couple of nights and then drive further north to the Busanga Plains area. Would these drives be similar to driving from Arusha to Lake Manyara to Lake Eyasi to the Crater to Ndutu to Loliondo as I did in 2008? If anyone can comment on their game viewing experience in Kafue and Lower Zambezi I'd really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report