When I went to Botswana and Zambia in 2006 there were numerous posts about Zambia at that time, but very little in recent years. I am thinking of a return trip to Zambia only. Last time I spent 5 days in South Luangwe and I now want to visit SL, Kafue and Lower Zambezi. I know I will fly from Lusaka to Mfuwe, but I would like to know if anyone has done a road transfer from Lusaka to Kafue and Lower Zambezi. According to Bradt's guide one can drive to Gwabi Lodge in LZ and then get a boat transfer eastward to your camp. Also one can drive to Kafue and stay at somewhere like Hippo Lodge or Mukambi Safari Lodge for a couple of nights and then drive further north to the Busanga Plains area. Would these drives be similar to driving from Arusha to Lake Manyara to Lake Eyasi to the Crater to Ndutu to Loliondo as I did in 2008? If anyone can comment on their game viewing experience in Kafue and Lower Zambezi I'd really appreciate it.
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 2 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 3 Help! First African safari!!!
- 4 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 5 Safari and Beach in June
- 6 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 9 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 10 Safari Cost Comparison
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai