When I went to Botswana and Zambia in 2006 there were numerous posts about Zambia at that time, but very little in recent years. I am thinking of a return trip to Zambia only. Last time I spent 5 days in South Luangwe and I now want to visit SL, Kafue and Lower Zambezi. I know I will fly from Lusaka to Mfuwe, but I would like to know if anyone has done a road transfer from Lusaka to Kafue and Lower Zambezi. According to Bradt's guide one can drive to Gwabi Lodge in LZ and then get a boat transfer eastward to your camp. Also one can drive to Kafue and stay at somewhere like Hippo Lodge or Mukambi Safari Lodge for a couple of nights and then drive further north to the Busanga Plains area. Would these drives be similar to driving from Arusha to Lake Manyara to Lake Eyasi to the Crater to Ndutu to Loliondo as I did in 2008? If anyone can comment on their game viewing experience in Kafue and Lower Zambezi I'd really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 4 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 5 South Africa in February?
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 8 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 9 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 10 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 11 3-week tour at Egypt
- 12 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 13 Beirut
- 14 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 15 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 16 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 17 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 18 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 19 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 22 I'm going on safari for free!
- 23 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 24 Dubai first time
- 25 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June