I don't post here very often, but just had to tell you all about the N/an ku se lodge and wildlife sanctuary in Namibia. I spent 4 weeks there in January as a working volunteer. Prior to my visit to the sanctuary, all my other visits to Africa had been Safaris. I wanted to give something back this time.
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, so here are links to some of the photos taken during my stay. Although posted on facebook, you don't need a face book account to view them.
It was an incredible experience. Everyone was so friendly and worked together really well. Its ideal if you are travelling alone, or with a friend or partner. Whilst I was there, the age range of the volunteers was 18 to 55. Whilst there are a lot of english volunteers, whilst I was there there were volunteers from USA, Germany, Brazil and France.
If you want to get up close to the big cats, sleep with baby baboons a help with conservation and are happy to do some manual work as well-helping build new enclosures, clean water holes, repair fences etc, this could be the destination for you. In addition, you also help school for the bushman children
semi tame cheetahs
moving the lions and cheetahs
Caracals, leopards, wild dogs and lions
The web address for the santuary is
If anyone wants to know more about my experience there, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 2 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 3 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 8 Viator tour company
- 9 tours in Johannesburg
- 10 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 South African Cities
- 13 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 14 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 15 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 16 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 17 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 18 where to go in africa
- 19 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 20 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 21 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 22 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 23 Help with bags
- 24 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 25 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??