I don't post here very often, but just had to tell you all about the N/an ku se lodge and wildlife sanctuary in Namibia. I spent 4 weeks there in January as a working volunteer. Prior to my visit to the sanctuary, all my other visits to Africa had been Safaris. I wanted to give something back this time.
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, so here are links to some of the photos taken during my stay. Although posted on facebook, you don't need a face book account to view them.
It was an incredible experience. Everyone was so friendly and worked together really well. Its ideal if you are travelling alone, or with a friend or partner. Whilst I was there, the age range of the volunteers was 18 to 55. Whilst there are a lot of english volunteers, whilst I was there there were volunteers from USA, Germany, Brazil and France.
If you want to get up close to the big cats, sleep with baby baboons a help with conservation and are happy to do some manual work as well-helping build new enclosures, clean water holes, repair fences etc, this could be the destination for you. In addition, you also help school for the bushman children
semi tame cheetahs
moving the lions and cheetahs
Caracals, leopards, wild dogs and lions
The web address for the santuary is
If anyone wants to know more about my experience there, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Fes opinion and rates + video
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 4 6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.
- 5 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 6 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 12 house exchange
- 13 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 14 casablanca airport taxis
- 15 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari