I don't post here very often, but just had to tell you all about the N/an ku se lodge and wildlife sanctuary in Namibia. I spent 4 weeks there in January as a working volunteer. Prior to my visit to the sanctuary, all my other visits to Africa had been Safaris. I wanted to give something back this time.
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, so here are links to some of the photos taken during my stay. Although posted on facebook, you don't need a face book account to view them.
It was an incredible experience. Everyone was so friendly and worked together really well. Its ideal if you are travelling alone, or with a friend or partner. Whilst I was there, the age range of the volunteers was 18 to 55. Whilst there are a lot of english volunteers, whilst I was there there were volunteers from USA, Germany, Brazil and France.
If you want to get up close to the big cats, sleep with baby baboons a help with conservation and are happy to do some manual work as well-helping build new enclosures, clean water holes, repair fences etc, this could be the destination for you. In addition, you also help school for the bushman children
semi tame cheetahs
moving the lions and cheetahs
Caracals, leopards, wild dogs and lions
The web address for the santuary is
If anyone wants to know more about my experience there, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 refers to the problem of connecting
- 2 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 3 Cerebral X:-Elevated concentration
- 4 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 7 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 8 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 9 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 10 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 11 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 12 Dubai Guide
- 13 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 14 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 15 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 16 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 19 Alexandria
- 20 kicheche compared to porini
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 23 Chefchaouen Report
- 24 Tracking Gorillas
- 25 Garden Route itinerary