I don't post here very often, but just had to tell you all about the N/an ku se lodge and wildlife sanctuary in Namibia. I spent 4 weeks there in January as a working volunteer. Prior to my visit to the sanctuary, all my other visits to Africa had been Safaris. I wanted to give something back this time.
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, so here are links to some of the photos taken during my stay. Although posted on facebook, you don't need a face book account to view them.
It was an incredible experience. Everyone was so friendly and worked together really well. Its ideal if you are travelling alone, or with a friend or partner. Whilst I was there, the age range of the volunteers was 18 to 55. Whilst there are a lot of english volunteers, whilst I was there there were volunteers from USA, Germany, Brazil and France.
If you want to get up close to the big cats, sleep with baby baboons a help with conservation and are happy to do some manual work as well-helping build new enclosures, clean water holes, repair fences etc, this could be the destination for you. In addition, you also help school for the bushman children
semi tame cheetahs
moving the lions and cheetahs
Caracals, leopards, wild dogs and lions
The web address for the santuary is
If anyone wants to know more about my experience there, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 2 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 3 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 4 Itinerary Ideas
- 5 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 6 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 7 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 8 Kenya/Tanzania
- 9 Dubai first time
- 10 2 nights in Dubai
- 11 16 hours in Qatar
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 14 A South African in Lusaka
- 15 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 16 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 19 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 20 Safari suggestions
- 21 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 22 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 23 Travel to Africa
- 24 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 25 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?