I don't post here very often, but just had to tell you all about the N/an ku se lodge and wildlife sanctuary in Namibia. I spent 4 weeks there in January as a working volunteer. Prior to my visit to the sanctuary, all my other visits to Africa had been Safaris. I wanted to give something back this time.
They say a picture speaks a 1000 words, so here are links to some of the photos taken during my stay. Although posted on facebook, you don't need a face book account to view them.
It was an incredible experience. Everyone was so friendly and worked together really well. Its ideal if you are travelling alone, or with a friend or partner. Whilst I was there, the age range of the volunteers was 18 to 55. Whilst there are a lot of english volunteers, whilst I was there there were volunteers from USA, Germany, Brazil and France.
If you want to get up close to the big cats, sleep with baby baboons a help with conservation and are happy to do some manual work as well-helping build new enclosures, clean water holes, repair fences etc, this could be the destination for you. In addition, you also help school for the bushman children
semi tame cheetahs
moving the lions and cheetahs
Caracals, leopards, wild dogs and lions
The web address for the santuary is
If anyone wants to know more about my experience there, just ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 2 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 3 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 4 Safari In June
- 5 Business trip to Israel
- 6 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 7 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 8 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 9 honeymoon place
- 10 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 11 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 14 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 15 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 16 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 17 Yom Hazikaron
- 18 Yom Haatzmaut
- 19 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 20 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 21 recomendation on African Safari company
- 22 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 23 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 24 One extra day in Jordan
- 25 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery