I looked at Safari options from a few companies (Thomson Safaris, Africa Adventure Company, etc), and they all are very expensive, $600-$900 / day per person if you exclude 2 days for arrival and 2 days for departure. And these are tented camps safaris. Why such a high price ? Would I be able to make substantial savings by organizing it myself, with the same quality of lodging ?
Why even tented camps safaris are so expensive ?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Ideas about the trip.
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 3 days in Teheran
- 6 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 7 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 8 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 9 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 10 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 11 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 What camera to use on safari
- 14 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 15 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 16 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 17 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 18 To go to Israel or not?
- 19 Bidair at JNB
- 20 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 21 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 24 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 25 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration