I looked at Safari options from a few companies (Thomson Safaris, Africa Adventure Company, etc), and they all are very expensive, $600-$900 / day per person if you exclude 2 days for arrival and 2 days for departure. And these are tented camps safaris. Why such a high price ? Would I be able to make substantial savings by organizing it myself, with the same quality of lodging ?
Why even tented camps safaris are so expensive ?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 2 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 3 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 4 Help! First African safari!!!
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 7 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 8 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 9 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 10 My trip to Egypt .....
- 11 Safari Cost Comparison
- 12 dubai for 5 days
- 13 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 14 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 15 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 16 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 17 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 18 Bugs n' Botswana
- 19 Group Trip to Israel
- 20 My Trip to Palestine
- 21 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 22 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 23 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 24 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 25 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!