i know that bigcountry has been to makalolo and i enjoyed looking through your images a while back. I plan o spend at least two weeks split between these two camps. My concern was whether there was any difference between the two. As my understanding goes, they are both in the linkwasha concession, though what is the deal regarding their traversing rights?
My plan, thus far for April would be
With both being wilderness properties, i could hopefully skip between the two depending on sightings. So my time at each lodge may not be successive nights. In your experience, is it more worthwhile just sticking at Makalolo within the concession, and getting permission to drive near the other part of the concession?
Who has been to Linkwasha/Makalolo
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 2 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 3 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 4 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 5 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 6 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 7 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 8 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 9 Things to see in Dubai
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 12 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 13 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 16 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 17 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 18 Safari on a budget!
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV