My family and I will be in South Africa in May 2017 and we are thinking going 2-3 days to Kruger National Park.
We have been looking at some lodges and reserves, and are thinking about a budget of 3,500-4500 rands per person (we are a group of three and my son is already 13, so he is considered an adult)
Among the reserves seen there are:
- Sabi Sands (Elephant Plains Game Lodge)
- Bulele (Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp)
- Pafuri Camp
- Kapama (Southern Camp, although the price is above the budget). I just read that it has fences that divides them from Kruger National Park, so I´m discarding it.
Is any of those reserves / lodges better than the other?
Have you had great / bad experiences in those reserves / lodges?
Should we consider other reserves / lodges?
We do enjoy luxury, we just don´t want to spend a lot of money in just 2 days, but would like to be pampered within our budget. What we would love to have is an unforgettable safari experience in terms of nature, animals seeing, the best food we can get within our budget and a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Thanks for your help
Ps. I have reposted a post from yesterday to include aclarations and to change the title.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Max Testo XL Vegetables are as important to building muscle
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 Uganda Trip Report
- 5 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 6 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 7 VISA for Mozambique
- 8 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 9 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 10 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 11 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 12 Best African Safari
- 13 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 14 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 15 beach visit after safari
- 16 Petra Wadi Rum
- 17 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 20 What is worth seeing in November?
- 21 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Masai Mara in May
- 24 Western Desert Itinerary
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?