My family and I will be in South Africa in May 2017 and we are thinking going 2-3 days to Kruger National Park.
We have been looking at some lodges and reserves, and are thinking about a budget of 3,500-4500 rands per person (we are a group of three and my son is already 13, so he is considered an adult)
Among the reserves seen there are:
- Sabi Sands (Elephant Plains Game Lodge)
- Bulele (Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp)
- Pafuri Camp
- Kapama (Southern Camp, although the price is above the budget). I just read that it has fences that divides them from Kruger National Park, so I´m discarding it.
Is any of those reserves / lodges better than the other?
Have you had great / bad experiences in those reserves / lodges?
Should we consider other reserves / lodges?
We do enjoy luxury, we just don´t want to spend a lot of money in just 2 days, but would like to be pampered within our budget. What we would love to have is an unforgettable safari experience in terms of nature, animals seeing, the best food we can get within our budget and a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Thanks for your help
Ps. I have reposted a post from yesterday to include aclarations and to change the title.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 2 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 3 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 4 Petra from Israel
- 5 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 6 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 7 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 8 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 9 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 10 israel tour
- 11 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 12 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 13 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 14 Luxury train ride
- 15 Safety in Fes
- 16 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 17 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 18 Sim card mainly for data
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 21 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 22 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 23 Cape Town
- 24 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 25 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?