My family and I will be in South Africa in May 2017 and we are thinking going 2-3 days to Kruger National Park.
We have been looking at some lodges and reserves, and are thinking about a budget of 3,500-4500 rands per person (we are a group of three and my son is already 13, so he is considered an adult)
Among the reserves seen there are:
- Sabi Sands (Elephant Plains Game Lodge)
- Bulele (Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp)
- Pafuri Camp
- Kapama (Southern Camp, although the price is above the budget). I just read that it has fences that divides them from Kruger National Park, so I´m discarding it.
Is any of those reserves / lodges better than the other?
Have you had great / bad experiences in those reserves / lodges?
Should we consider other reserves / lodges?
We do enjoy luxury, we just don´t want to spend a lot of money in just 2 days, but would like to be pampered within our budget. What we would love to have is an unforgettable safari experience in terms of nature, animals seeing, the best food we can get within our budget and a nice relaxed atmosphere.
Thanks for your help
Ps. I have reposted a post from yesterday to include aclarations and to change the title.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 2 Binocular rentals
- 3 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 4 Marrakech
- 5 Dead Sea day trip
- 6 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 9 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 10 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 11 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?