I am in the process of narrowing down where I want to go and study abroad. I have a lot of top picks, therefore I really think South Africa would be great!
My problem is choosing where to live and study in SA. There is the obvious choice of the beautiful Cape Town! (the university looks breathe taking with table mountain as a back drop) The city does offer a lot, but the population is a little on the high side. I seem to love cities a little smaller and more cozy like Port Elizabeth. Port Elizabeth is my other option, known for being the "windy & friendly" city. My only issue with PE… it's not Cape Town! I would be lying if I thought PE was more beautiful than Cape Town. Safety is also important!
Cape Town is a little more expensive than the Port Elizabeth program, but I think it would be worth it if thats what I chose in the end.
So, any advice? Basically wondering… where do I want to live for 6 months? Cape Town or Port Elizabeth? Thank you and looking forward to hearing great feed back!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina