I am in the process of narrowing down where I want to go and study abroad. I have a lot of top picks, therefore I really think South Africa would be great!
My problem is choosing where to live and study in SA. There is the obvious choice of the beautiful Cape Town! (the university looks breathe taking with table mountain as a back drop) The city does offer a lot, but the population is a little on the high side. I seem to love cities a little smaller and more cozy like Port Elizabeth. Port Elizabeth is my other option, known for being the "windy & friendly" city. My only issue with PE… it's not Cape Town! I would be lying if I thought PE was more beautiful than Cape Town. Safety is also important!
Cape Town is a little more expensive than the Port Elizabeth program, but I think it would be worth it if thats what I chose in the end.
So, any advice? Basically wondering… where do I want to live for 6 months? Cape Town or Port Elizabeth? Thank you and looking forward to hearing great feed back!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 8 What is worth seeing in November?
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 Israeli Tour Guides
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Masai Mara in May
- 17 Western Desert Itinerary
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 20 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 21 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 22 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 23 Trip to Merzouga
- 24 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 25 Uganda Visa