Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 2 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 3 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 7 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 8 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 9 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 10 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 11 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 12 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 13 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 14 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 15 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 16 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 17 Buying merchandise
- 18 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 19 Egypt January-February 2018
- 20 safari for the mobility impaired
- 21 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 22 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 23 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 24 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 25 Need a Car in Nassau?