Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Where to go and stay in Serengeti in July
- 1 Safari Cost Comparison
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 dubai for 5 days
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 8 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 9 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 10 Bugs n' Botswana
- 11 Group Trip to Israel
- 12 My Trip to Palestine
- 13 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 14 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 15 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation