Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 2 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 3 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 4 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 5 Morocco over Christmas
- 6 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 7 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 8 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 9 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 10 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 11 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 12 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 13 DOHA LAYOVER
- 14 Morocco Questions
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Botswana safari recs
- 17 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 18 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 19 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 20 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 21 Botswana in January
- 22 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 23 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 24 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 25 Rhino Africa - Reviews