Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 2 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 3 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 4 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 5 honeymoon place
- 6 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 9 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 10 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 11 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 12 Yom Hazikaron
- 13 Yom Haatzmaut
- 14 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 15 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 16 recomendation on African Safari company
- 17 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 18 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 19 One extra day in Jordan
- 20 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 21 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 22 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 23 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 24 Israel in Late October or November?
- 25 One month in Africa