Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cowboys vs Seahawks live Free
- 2 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 3 South African Cities
- 4 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 5 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 8 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 9 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 10 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 11 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 12 where to go in africa
- 13 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 14 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 15 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 16 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 17 Help with bags
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Israeli Tour Guides
- 24 Shopping in Morocco
- 25 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017