Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/hl-slim-pro/
- 2 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 3 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Alexandria
- 6 Dubai in 36 hours
- 7 good internet connection option Meknes
- 8 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 9 South Africa trip report
- 10 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 11 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 12 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 13 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 14 Mombasa recomendations please
- 15 Private tours in Morocco
- 16 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 17 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 18 First time to Africa-need help!
- 19 How do I know if a company is legit
- 20 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 21 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 22 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 23 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 24 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 25 Kenyan Safari Spending Money