Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Where to go and stay in Serengeti in July
- 1 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 2 Morocco - private tour operators
- 3 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 4 Real Life Egypt
- 5 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 6 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Morocco tour operator.
- 9 Tangier - A four day city break
- 10 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 11 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 12 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 13 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 14 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 15 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 16 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 17 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 18 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 19 phone service
- 20 Tanzania in 2014
- 21 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 22 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 23 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 24 Living in Morocco.
- 25 Our best trip ever - in Morocco