Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please