Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 2 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 3 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 4 First trip to Africa
- 5 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 9 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 10 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 11 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 12 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 13 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 14 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 15 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 16 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 17 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 18 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 19 Fes or Marrakech?
- 20 Transfer at JNB airport
- 21 Egypt - Need Help!
- 22 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 23 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 24 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 25 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi