Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina