Although this is the first time I’m posting I’ve used Fodor’s forums extensively for personalizing my travel plans by doing a lot of research here…and that was sufficient for the developed/ globalized parts of the world. Tanzania / Africa has to be either a off- the-rack package or a custom made one with even the minutest details taken care off. To me it seems like a place where we cannot go with a vague plan forget wandering off or making ad-hoc plans. I know most of you’ll must be thinking I’m already late…that’s why I need your help ☺.
We plan to do Tanzania in July 2011. The broad itinerary is :
7th July Nairobi
8th July Arusha
9th – 17th Climb Kilimanjaro
18th – 20th Serengeti
20th – 22nd Zanzibar
I need help on the Serengeti bit of the itinerary, would be very helpful if you’ll give inputs on whether Grumeti is the best area to stay to see the migration or at least catch a good chunk of it and options of operators for canvas tents in the area.
Where to go and stay in Serengeti in July
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 Morocco Advice
- 5 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 6 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 7 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 8 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season