I'm looking to tap into the collective wisdom and advice of the forum. We are a retired couple and would like to plan a 2015 safari.
We have been on just one safari three years ago and absolutely loved the whole experience. We traveled with another couple and spent 20 days at various national parks in Tanzania: Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, Mahale, Katavi, Ruaha, and Tarangire. For the most part, we flew from one place to another. With the exception of overnight lodge stays at the Crater and Tarangire, we stayed in tented camps. We were very pleased with everything: the camps, the guides, the game drives, and the flora and fauna. Our hope would be to duplicate that experience but also experience another part of Africa.
In no particular order, we've set the following parameters:
1. Lodges and/or tented camps would be fine.
2. No real desire to self-drive.
3. Prefer to go in 2- or 4-customer vehicles on game drives.
4. Would like to be able to include pre-dawn and/or post-dusk game drives.
5. Prefer for game drives to be able to go "off-road", as opposed to the requirement to stay on the "roads" in the Tanzania NPs.
6. Would like to see more leopards and cheetahs; don't need to see any more hippos.
7. Three weeks maximum, not including travel time to/from Africa.
8. No desire to go Kenya, for personal safety concerns.
As yet, we know virtually nothing about South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, or Namibia, but I think that our next trip will probably include [some of] these.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer as we begin our research and planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 2 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 6 Viator tour company
- 7 tours in Johannesburg
- 8 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 9 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 10 South African Cities
- 11 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 12 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 13 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 14 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 15 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 18 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 19 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 Help with bags
- 22 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 23 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 24 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 25 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help