I'm looking to tap into the collective wisdom and advice of the forum. We are a retired couple and would like to plan a 2015 safari.
We have been on just one safari three years ago and absolutely loved the whole experience. We traveled with another couple and spent 20 days at various national parks in Tanzania: Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, Mahale, Katavi, Ruaha, and Tarangire. For the most part, we flew from one place to another. With the exception of overnight lodge stays at the Crater and Tarangire, we stayed in tented camps. We were very pleased with everything: the camps, the guides, the game drives, and the flora and fauna. Our hope would be to duplicate that experience but also experience another part of Africa.
In no particular order, we've set the following parameters:
1. Lodges and/or tented camps would be fine.
2. No real desire to self-drive.
3. Prefer to go in 2- or 4-customer vehicles on game drives.
4. Would like to be able to include pre-dawn and/or post-dusk game drives.
5. Prefer for game drives to be able to go "off-road", as opposed to the requirement to stay on the "roads" in the Tanzania NPs.
6. Would like to see more leopards and cheetahs; don't need to see any more hippos.
7. Three weeks maximum, not including travel time to/from Africa.
8. No desire to go Kenya, for personal safety concerns.
As yet, we know virtually nothing about South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, or Namibia, but I think that our next trip will probably include [some of] these.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer as we begin our research and planning.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 4 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 5 Uganda Visa
- 6 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 7 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 8 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 9 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 10 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 11 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 12 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 13 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 14 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Fes or Marrakech?
- 19 Transfer at JNB airport
- 20 Egypt - Need Help!
- 21 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 22 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 23 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 24 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 25 Adapter Plugs