I plan to travel for a year in 2015. I want to see as much of Africa and Europe as I can. However, I have absolutely no idea when to go where - I'm confused by all the different advice.
I'd like to see Europe in their summer but don't want to miss seeing the wildlife in Africa. My plan is to travel up or down the east coast/middle section of Africa so that I can see as much as possible. I'd be doing this in an organised group (e.g. STA or Intrepid).
Does anyone know which month would be the best time to start my trek (north or south) so that I see as much wildlife as possible. I also plan to visit Egypt and Jordan. Ideally I'd be doing this trip before my stint in Europe but I don't want to go during the rainy season.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
When to visit
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 2 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 3 To go to Israel or not?
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 6 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 9 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 10 Dubai > Oman?
- 11 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 12 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 13 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 14 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 18 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 21 Awesome trip and still not done
- 22 South Africa
- 23 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 24 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 25 Private Conservancy Recommendations