My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://healthpurelives.com/skinfresh-md/
- 2 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 3 VISA for Mozambique
- 4 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 5 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 6 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 9 Best African Safari
- 10 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 11 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 12 beach visit after safari
- 13 Petra Wadi Rum
- 14 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 17 What is worth seeing in November?
- 18 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 19 Israeli Tour Guides
- 20 Masai Mara in May
- 21 Western Desert Itinerary
- 22 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 23 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 24 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 25 Marrakech - Which area to stay?