My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://buysupplementsreview.com/garcinia-ultra-slim-trim/
- 2 Johannesburg...?
- 3 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 4 Luxury train ride
- 5 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 6 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 7 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 8 Cradle of Humankind
- 9 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 10 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 11 Petra from Israel
- 12 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 13 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 14 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 15 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 16 israel tour
- 17 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 18 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 19 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 20 Safety in Fes
- 21 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 22 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina