My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt safe travel
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security