My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
What to do with 4 extra days in South Africa?
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 3 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 phone service
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 12 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 13 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 14 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Living in Morocco.
- 17 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 20 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 21 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 22 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 24 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 25 Makoa-Farm Tanzania