My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
What to do with 4 extra days in South Africa?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 Morocco Advice
- 5 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 6 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 7 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 8 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season