My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
What to do with 4 extra days in South Africa?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 2 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 3 Tel Aviv beaches
- 4 Memory cards for camera
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 7 trip report, morocco
- 8 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 Sabi Sands camps
- 15 Hotels in Nairobi
- 16 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 17 Rwanda trip report
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 20 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 21 israel and petra
- 22 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 23 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 24 Israel and Petra
- 25 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea