My husband and I are going to South Africa for the first time next week. Short notice to be posting, I know!
Our itinerary is as follows:
May 27-June1 - Cape Town & Winelands
June 2-June 6 - OPEN
June 7-13 - safari at Zulu Nyala near Richards Bay
June 14-17 - World Cup in Johannesburg
We would love some suggestions for what to do June 2 - June 6. Is it worth it to head to Victoria Falls? If so, which side is better in early June? What about the visa fees - it looks like it is more expensive to enter Zambia than Zimbabwe. Also, the Fodor's guidebook to South Africa says that June is not a great time of year to see Vic Falls from the Zimbabwe side as there is too much mist and that cameras will be ruined - is there truth to this? The Fodor's book also makes it sound as though it is expensive and complicated to travel from one side of the falls to the other - has anyone had problems?
Will we need yellow fever inoculation to re-enter South Africa?
Thank you so much for the help!
What to do with 4 extra days in South Africa?
- 1 Safari and Beach in June
- 2 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 3 Help! First African safari!!!
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 6 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 7 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 8 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 9 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 10 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 11 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 12 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 dubai for 5 days
- 15 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 18 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 19 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai