I am realizing that I cannot have all the candy in the candy store. I have a limited amount of time and money for my "once in a lifetime trip". We have 14-15 days on ground in Africa- at least 4-5 days will (hopefully) be spent in Rwanda with the gorillas and the rest in Tanz/Kenya. I think we are traveling in June although November is a (remote) possibility.
Our desires are NG crater, Serengeti, View of Kili, Sheldrick/Giraffe manor, lots of elephants, zebras, flamingos, wild dogs (although I own one), cats of all sizes--you know the drill. I am not so interested in kills/crossings/ kitsch. Many years ago (25?), my mother and I looked at a CE flyer for veterinarians staying at the Treetop in Tarangire. The price was doable, however we did not go. She died not long after. I am sure you see where this is going....
I am calculating $6000. for Rwanda including gorilla permits.
Ideas? Which country should I savor?
Should I book this myself? stay at one place? go through a local operator in Kenya/Tanzania?
Thank you for helping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.2gb.com/system/files/show_contact/uploads/greysanatomy.pdf
- 2 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 3 VISA for Mozambique
- 4 Money in Uganda
- 5 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 6 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 7 Uganda Trip Report
- 8 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 9 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 10 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 11 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 12 Best African Safari
- 13 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 14 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 15 beach visit after safari
- 16 Petra Wadi Rum
- 17 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 20 What is worth seeing in November?
- 21 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Masai Mara in May
- 24 Western Desert Itinerary
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?