I am realizing that I cannot have all the candy in the candy store. I have a limited amount of time and money for my "once in a lifetime trip". We have 14-15 days on ground in Africa- at least 4-5 days will (hopefully) be spent in Rwanda with the gorillas and the rest in Tanz/Kenya. I think we are traveling in June although November is a (remote) possibility.
Our desires are NG crater, Serengeti, View of Kili, Sheldrick/Giraffe manor, lots of elephants, zebras, flamingos, wild dogs (although I own one), cats of all sizes--you know the drill. I am not so interested in kills/crossings/ kitsch. Many years ago (25?), my mother and I looked at a CE flyer for veterinarians staying at the Treetop in Tarangire. The price was doable, however we did not go. She died not long after. I am sure you see where this is going....
I am calculating $6000. for Rwanda including gorilla permits.
Ideas? Which country should I savor?
Should I book this myself? stay at one place? go through a local operator in Kenya/Tanzania?
Thank you for helping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Cape Town -safety
- 4 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 5 Widerness Lodges
- 6 SA itin review
- 7 Botswana safari in late November
- 8 Tipping on Safari
- 9 Ferry to Morocco
- 10 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 11 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 12 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 13 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 14 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 17 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 18 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 19 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 20 Lodge Feedback
- 21 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 22 Driving in South Africa
- 23 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 24 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 25 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times