I am realizing that I cannot have all the candy in the candy store. I have a limited amount of time and money for my "once in a lifetime trip". We have 14-15 days on ground in Africa- at least 4-5 days will (hopefully) be spent in Rwanda with the gorillas and the rest in Tanz/Kenya. I think we are traveling in June although November is a (remote) possibility.
Our desires are NG crater, Serengeti, View of Kili, Sheldrick/Giraffe manor, lots of elephants, zebras, flamingos, wild dogs (although I own one), cats of all sizes--you know the drill. I am not so interested in kills/crossings/ kitsch. Many years ago (25?), my mother and I looked at a CE flyer for veterinarians staying at the Treetop in Tarangire. The price was doable, however we did not go. She died not long after. I am sure you see where this is going....
I am calculating $6000. for Rwanda including gorilla permits.
Ideas? Which country should I savor?
Should I book this myself? stay at one place? go through a local operator in Kenya/Tanzania?
Thank you for helping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 help with itinerary please
- 2 advise on joburg pls!
- 3 Where to holiday in late June/early July 2017?
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 6 Township Tour Guide
- 7 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 8 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 9 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 10 Luggage restrictions
- 11 ISRAEL TRIP
- 12 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 13 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 14 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 15 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 16 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 17 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 18 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 19 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
- 20 Advice on East African trip
- 21 Help plan African Safari
- 22 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 23 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 24 Zimbabwe 4x4 camper
- 25 Dubai first time