I am realizing that I cannot have all the candy in the candy store. I have a limited amount of time and money for my "once in a lifetime trip". We have 14-15 days on ground in Africa- at least 4-5 days will (hopefully) be spent in Rwanda with the gorillas and the rest in Tanz/Kenya. I think we are traveling in June although November is a (remote) possibility.
Our desires are NG crater, Serengeti, View of Kili, Sheldrick/Giraffe manor, lots of elephants, zebras, flamingos, wild dogs (although I own one), cats of all sizes--you know the drill. I am not so interested in kills/crossings/ kitsch. Many years ago (25?), my mother and I looked at a CE flyer for veterinarians staying at the Treetop in Tarangire. The price was doable, however we did not go. She died not long after. I am sure you see where this is going....
I am calculating $6000. for Rwanda including gorilla permits.
Ideas? Which country should I savor?
Should I book this myself? stay at one place? go through a local operator in Kenya/Tanzania?
Thank you for helping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.guidehealthreview.com/pure-divine-anti-aging/
- 2 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 3 safari for the mobility impaired
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 7 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 8 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 11 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 12 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 13 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 14 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 15 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 16 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 17 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 Buying merchandise
- 21 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 22 Egypt January-February 2018
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 25 Private tour guide in Marrakech