I am realizing that I cannot have all the candy in the candy store. I have a limited amount of time and money for my "once in a lifetime trip". We have 14-15 days on ground in Africa- at least 4-5 days will (hopefully) be spent in Rwanda with the gorillas and the rest in Tanz/Kenya. I think we are traveling in June although November is a (remote) possibility.
Our desires are NG crater, Serengeti, View of Kili, Sheldrick/Giraffe manor, lots of elephants, zebras, flamingos, wild dogs (although I own one), cats of all sizes--you know the drill. I am not so interested in kills/crossings/ kitsch. Many years ago (25?), my mother and I looked at a CE flyer for veterinarians staying at the Treetop in Tarangire. The price was doable, however we did not go. She died not long after. I am sure you see where this is going....
I am calculating $6000. for Rwanda including gorilla permits.
Ideas? Which country should I savor?
Should I book this myself? stay at one place? go through a local operator in Kenya/Tanzania?
Thank you for helping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Driver for Jordan - Jordania Aventura Drivers
- 2 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 3 Ein Hod Artists' Village
- 4 Morocco trip suggestions please
- 5 Gorrillas in Rwanda
- 6 Car Rental from Cape Town
- 7 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 8 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 9 Non Stop Flights to Cairo
- 10 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 11 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 12 Kenya
- 13 Change of Entry Requirements for South Africa for Minors
- 14 SA Travel Vets - Anyone mind critiquing my itinerary?
- 15 How to spend four nights in Morocco
- 16 Driver/guide for trip around Madagascar
- 17 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 18 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 19 African Safari
- 20 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 21 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 22 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 23 Please give your preferences on these two private Lodges
- 24 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 25 Is the migration early this year