Been reading thru your site for past few days, looking for ideas and recommendations, in anticipation of a trip to Israel for 7 days France for 2, Amsterdam for a day, departing from Orlando, Fl on March 8, 2015
My question is what kind of phone should I bring? I have an android HTC but my phone cant accommodate any sims cards. My current carrier Sprint's fees are outrageous, as much as .50 a minute to talk and to send texts, .35 to receive texts. On fixed income, I really cant afford to go out buy phones for each country, any suggestions on what I can do? I was informed in many areas in Israel there is no Internet, so Wifi calling is pretty much out. I thought about buying one of those Blue phones sold at walmart for like $100, then buy the card when I get over there, but not sure if the card will work in all of Israel, or other countries. You guys seem to have some great recommendations, is there a more economical way to do this? Besides what to do with that phone when I get back? Live in Orlando, Fl, I enjoy talking, especially with a new grand daughter. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://amazfitpace.com/platinum-light-teeth/
- 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 3 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 4 Zanzibar
- 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 6 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 9 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 13 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 14 Duba activities - help deciding
- 15 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 18 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 19 Texting from US to Israel
- 20 Itinerary Ideas
- 21 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 22 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 23 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 24 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 25 first family kenyan safari trip report