Been reading thru your site for past few days, looking for ideas and recommendations, in anticipation of a trip to Israel for 7 days France for 2, Amsterdam for a day, departing from Orlando, Fl on March 8, 2015
My question is what kind of phone should I bring? I have an android HTC but my phone cant accommodate any sims cards. My current carrier Sprint's fees are outrageous, as much as .50 a minute to talk and to send texts, .35 to receive texts. On fixed income, I really cant afford to go out buy phones for each country, any suggestions on what I can do? I was informed in many areas in Israel there is no Internet, so Wifi calling is pretty much out. I thought about buying one of those Blue phones sold at walmart for like $100, then buy the card when I get over there, but not sure if the card will work in all of Israel, or other countries. You guys seem to have some great recommendations, is there a more economical way to do this? Besides what to do with that phone when I get back? Live in Orlando, Fl, I enjoy talking, especially with a new grand daughter. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 2 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 3 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 4 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 5 Best African Safari
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 8 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 9 beach visit after safari
- 10 Petra Wadi Rum
- 11 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 14 What is worth seeing in November?
- 15 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 16 Israeli Tour Guides
- 17 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Masai Mara in May
- 20 Western Desert Itinerary
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 23 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 24 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 25 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen