First the qualifying factors.
-Self drive is not an option. Other group itineraries would be options, whether driving or flying.
-10 days in Namibia is the max time, regardless of the itinerary.
-Departure would be late June.
-Priorities: Sand dunes, Etosha, Okonjima
-The ideal itinerary would have 3-4 nts Etosha with 1 nt at Okaukeujo; 3 nts Okonjima.
The company offering this is Natural Habitat, a very sound and reputable company that I've traveled with in the past.
It leaves with 2 people every Saturday. With 4 people, any day.
10-day trip: $7,595
Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Upon arrival, transfer to Hilltop House, our small, charming accommodation overlooking Namibia’s capital.
Days 2 & 3: Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Namib Desert
Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.
Days 4 & 5: Damaraland
Fly north along Namibia’s Skeleton Coast. We will stop in the port city of Swakopmund for a short boat trip (weather permitting) out of Walvis Bay to view seals and dolphins, and after a delicious seafood lunch we will continue with a flight inland to Damaraland. We look for uniquely adapted desert elephants, gemsbok (oryx), springbok, ostrich and other hardy desert animals and rare succulent plants that continue to thrive here, unhindered by serious habitat loss or mass tourism. We stay at Damaraland Camp (Doro Nawas Camp is sometimes substituted here) in large, comfortable walk-in tents shaded by acacia trees.
Days 6 & 7: Etosha National Park
that existed here two million years. We stay on the private Ongava reserve adjacent to the park and far from any other accommodations. From the lodge and camp, we take walks and night game drives on the reserve and venture into the park by day.
Days 8 & 9: Windhoek / Home or Okonjima AfriCat Project
Fly to Okonjima Guest Farm. Home to the AfriCat Foundation, allowing us unusually close encounters. Walking the Bushman Trail, we learn about the traditions of this age-old culture. Other activities include radio-tracking rehabilitated cheetahs, nightly wild leopard feeds, and game drives.
Day 10: Windhoek / Home
We drive back to Windhoek to continue homeward or on a safari extension.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 2 Cairo International Airport
- 3 Petra from Israel
- 4 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 5 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 8 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 9 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 10 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 11 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
First the qualifying factors.