First the qualifying factors.
-Self drive is not an option. Other group itineraries would be options, whether driving or flying.
-10 days in Namibia is the max time, regardless of the itinerary.
-Departure would be late June.
-Priorities: Sand dunes, Etosha, Okonjima
-The ideal itinerary would have 3-4 nts Etosha with 1 nt at Okaukeujo; 3 nts Okonjima.
The company offering this is Natural Habitat, a very sound and reputable company that I've traveled with in the past.
It leaves with 2 people every Saturday. With 4 people, any day.
10-day trip: $7,595
Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Upon arrival, transfer to Hilltop House, our small, charming accommodation overlooking Namibia’s capital.
Days 2 & 3: Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Namib Desert
Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.
Days 4 & 5: Damaraland
Fly north along Namibia’s Skeleton Coast. We will stop in the port city of Swakopmund for a short boat trip (weather permitting) out of Walvis Bay to view seals and dolphins, and after a delicious seafood lunch we will continue with a flight inland to Damaraland. We look for uniquely adapted desert elephants, gemsbok (oryx), springbok, ostrich and other hardy desert animals and rare succulent plants that continue to thrive here, unhindered by serious habitat loss or mass tourism. We stay at Damaraland Camp (Doro Nawas Camp is sometimes substituted here) in large, comfortable walk-in tents shaded by acacia trees.
Days 6 & 7: Etosha National Park
that existed here two million years. We stay on the private Ongava reserve adjacent to the park and far from any other accommodations. From the lodge and camp, we take walks and night game drives on the reserve and venture into the park by day.
Days 8 & 9: Windhoek / Home or Okonjima AfriCat Project
Fly to Okonjima Guest Farm. Home to the AfriCat Foundation, allowing us unusually close encounters. Walking the Bushman Trail, we learn about the traditions of this age-old culture. Other activities include radio-tracking rehabilitated cheetahs, nightly wild leopard feeds, and game drives.
Day 10: Windhoek / Home
We drive back to Windhoek to continue homeward or on a safari extension.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 포커 바둑이 ▣추천인 : 지퍼 홈피:≫nnk688.com≪추천인 : 지퍼
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 Buying merchandise
- 6 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 7 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 8 Egypt January-February 2018
- 9 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 10 safari for the mobility impaired
- 11 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 12 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 15 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 16 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 17 Dining in Cape Town
- 18 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 19 Dubai plan
- 20 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 21 Israel with kids in August
- 22 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 23 Iran in May
- 24 South Africa in June
- 25 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
First the qualifying factors.