First the qualifying factors.
-Self drive is not an option. Other group itineraries would be options, whether driving or flying.
-10 days in Namibia is the max time, regardless of the itinerary.
-Departure would be late June.
-Priorities: Sand dunes, Etosha, Okonjima
-The ideal itinerary would have 3-4 nts Etosha with 1 nt at Okaukeujo; 3 nts Okonjima.
The company offering this is Natural Habitat, a very sound and reputable company that I've traveled with in the past.
It leaves with 2 people every Saturday. With 4 people, any day.
10-day trip: $7,595
Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Upon arrival, transfer to Hilltop House, our small, charming accommodation overlooking Namibia’s capital.
Days 2 & 3: Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Namib Desert
Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.
Days 4 & 5: Damaraland
Fly north along Namibia’s Skeleton Coast. We will stop in the port city of Swakopmund for a short boat trip (weather permitting) out of Walvis Bay to view seals and dolphins, and after a delicious seafood lunch we will continue with a flight inland to Damaraland. We look for uniquely adapted desert elephants, gemsbok (oryx), springbok, ostrich and other hardy desert animals and rare succulent plants that continue to thrive here, unhindered by serious habitat loss or mass tourism. We stay at Damaraland Camp (Doro Nawas Camp is sometimes substituted here) in large, comfortable walk-in tents shaded by acacia trees.
Days 6 & 7: Etosha National Park
that existed here two million years. We stay on the private Ongava reserve adjacent to the park and far from any other accommodations. From the lodge and camp, we take walks and night game drives on the reserve and venture into the park by day.
Days 8 & 9: Windhoek / Home or Okonjima AfriCat Project
Fly to Okonjima Guest Farm. Home to the AfriCat Foundation, allowing us unusually close encounters. Walking the Bushman Trail, we learn about the traditions of this age-old culture. Other activities include radio-tracking rehabilitated cheetahs, nightly wild leopard feeds, and game drives.
Day 10: Windhoek / Home
We drive back to Windhoek to continue homeward or on a safari extension.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 2 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 3 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Safari In June
- 8 Business trip to Israel
- 9 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 10 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 11 honeymoon place
- 12 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 13 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 16 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 17 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 18 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 19 Yom Hazikaron
- 20 Yom Haatzmaut
- 21 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 22 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 23 recomendation on African Safari company
- 24 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 25 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
First the qualifying factors.