First the qualifying factors.
-Self drive is not an option. Other group itineraries would be options, whether driving or flying.
-10 days in Namibia is the max time, regardless of the itinerary.
-Departure would be late June.
-Priorities: Sand dunes, Etosha, Okonjima
-The ideal itinerary would have 3-4 nts Etosha with 1 nt at Okaukeujo; 3 nts Okonjima.
The company offering this is Natural Habitat, a very sound and reputable company that I've traveled with in the past.
It leaves with 2 people every Saturday. With 4 people, any day.
10-day trip: $7,595
Day 1: Windhoek, Namibia
Upon arrival, transfer to Hilltop House, our small, charming accommodation overlooking Namibia’s capital.
Days 2 & 3: Sossusvlei Sand Dunes, Namib Desert
Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.
Days 4 & 5: Damaraland
Fly north along Namibia’s Skeleton Coast. We will stop in the port city of Swakopmund for a short boat trip (weather permitting) out of Walvis Bay to view seals and dolphins, and after a delicious seafood lunch we will continue with a flight inland to Damaraland. We look for uniquely adapted desert elephants, gemsbok (oryx), springbok, ostrich and other hardy desert animals and rare succulent plants that continue to thrive here, unhindered by serious habitat loss or mass tourism. We stay at Damaraland Camp (Doro Nawas Camp is sometimes substituted here) in large, comfortable walk-in tents shaded by acacia trees.
Days 6 & 7: Etosha National Park
that existed here two million years. We stay on the private Ongava reserve adjacent to the park and far from any other accommodations. From the lodge and camp, we take walks and night game drives on the reserve and venture into the park by day.
Days 8 & 9: Windhoek / Home or Okonjima AfriCat Project
Fly to Okonjima Guest Farm. Home to the AfriCat Foundation, allowing us unusually close encounters. Walking the Bushman Trail, we learn about the traditions of this age-old culture. Other activities include radio-tracking rehabilitated cheetahs, nightly wild leopard feeds, and game drives.
Day 10: Windhoek / Home
We drive back to Windhoek to continue homeward or on a safari extension.
What do you think of this Namibia itinerary and cost?
First the qualifying factors.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions about Chobe
- 2 Morroco Travel Guide
- 3 One Day V.I.P Petra tour
- 4 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 5 India
- 6 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Ideas about the trip.
- 9 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 10 3 days in Teheran
- 11 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 14 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 15 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 16 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 17 What camera to use on safari
- 18 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 19 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 20 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 21 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 22 To go to Israel or not?
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 25 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon