9 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari
Day 1 : Nairobi/Masai Mara
Depart Nairobi in the morning and head southward to the viewpoint of the Great Rift Valley. Continue to Narok, a small Masai town for lunch then to Masai Mara for an afternoon game viewing. Dinner and night at the adventure camping.
Day 2 : Masai Mara
Proceed for a morning and afternoon game drives from the the campsite, explore the parks amazingly high concentration of game. This game reserve is Kenya's finest wildlife sanctuary. Including migrants, well over 450 species of animals have been recorded here.
Although July, August and September are the months when the Masai Mara plains are filled with migrating wildebeest and zebra, there is also resident wildlife year round. The famous Maasai tribesmen live within the dispersal area of the game reserve. Dinner and overnight at the budget camping.
Day 3 : Masaai Mara/Nairobi
Wake up for an early morning game drive, followed by late breakfast and a departure to Nairobi stopping sporadically for the breathtaking panoramic views of the rift valley and adjacent landforms. The first part of the tour ends in Nairobi late in the afternoon for an overnight in a Niarobi budget hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4 : Nairobi/Arusha.
Pick up from your hotel in Nairobi at 7.30 am drive to Arusha with a stop-over at the border post for immigration formalities, arrive in Arusha to be met by one of our staff followed by safari briefing, overnight in Arusha Hotel on BB basis.
Day 5 : Arusha/L.Manyara.
Pick up from your hotel in Arusha at 8.30 am and proceed to Lake Manyara National Park for afternoon game drive. A good network of tracks and roads in the park allows excellent game viewing opportunities.
Animals seen include buffalo and elephant. Other animals present that can be seen with luck are the tree climbing lions, leopard and black rhino. Lesser flamingos and Egyptian geese are some of the birds seen here. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Day 6 : Lake Manyara- Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast,leave lake manyara for ngorongoro crater arriving in the afternoon, descend 2000 ft (670m) into the crater floor for full day crater tour with break for lunch at Ngoitoktok springs picnic site. Black manned lions, rhinos, buffaloes, elephants and other grazing animals abound. Evening game drive, return to Ngorongoro wildlife campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Ngorongoro/Serengeti
Leave ngorongoro after breakfast for Serengeti arriving in time for lunch after lunch proceed for afternoon game drive in this unique park to see the many animals, dinner and overnight at serengeti seronera campsite.
Day 8 : Serengeti
Morning and afternoon game drive in the Serengeti with a lunch and leisure break at the lodge or campsite in the mid afternoon .The term ‘serengeti’ means endless plains in maasai language.
In the central plains there are carnivores like, leopards, hyena and cheetah. This park is normally the scene of the annual migration of the wildebeest and zebras, which occurs between Serengeti and kenya’s maasai mara game reserve. Eagles, Flamingoes, duck, geese, vultures are among the birds that can be seen in the park, Dinner and overnight in your campsite.
Day 9 : Serengeti- Arusha
After breakfast leave the campsite for game viewing on your way out of Serengeti, drive to Arusha town via Mto wa Mbu village where the adventure tour ends in the afternoon. Take a shuttle bus to Nairobi or go to Zanzibar.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
What can be the best of Kenya and Tanzania safaris combination?
9 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari