I got a lot of help from this forum in planning my Kenya/TZ trip in Jan. We were there in the midst of the conflict and while the news portrayed things horribly, we had the MOST AMAZING time. I saw the video on nytimes.com just now about how even though things are fine in Kenya now, tourism is so low both people and animals are affected. I live in NYC and feel like it's right after 9/11 and we were convincing people that it was okay to come to NYC and that we actually needed visitors. Kenya needs us to go and for those of you who have friends who have wanted to go for so long but were hindered by the prices, now might be the time. Go with a reputable travel agent (I don't want to mention mine to come across like I'm pushing her or work for her), and you'll be fine. Our travel agency made us feel so comfortable at all times and never put us in anything remotely dangerous unless you count the hippos TRuly, Kenya was one of the most amazing places ever - the MARA is stunning and a totally safe place to be. I'm happy to answer any questions, but that video made me want to say something!
Went to Kenya in Jan - conflict situation
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 3 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 7 phone service
- 8 Tanzania in 2014
- 9 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 12 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 13 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 14 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Living in Morocco.
- 17 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 20 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 21 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 22 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 24 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 25 Makoa-Farm Tanzania