Three adults, myself, my husband and my adult son, will be flying into Queen Alia airport at 6pm on a Friday evening. I'd like to book a driver to take us from the airport to Petra where we'd stay until Sunday when we'd need to get back to the airport for a 7pm departure. I realize that most people arrange transportation to Petra via their hotel or take the JETT bus. I haven't booked a hotel yet since I don't know if I CAN get to Petra on Friday evening or if I should book a hotel in Amman or Madaba and get a ride Saturday morning (in which case we could take the JETT bus)...
I'm really stuck and I need some help.
How easy is it to "wing it" and book a 4-5 star hotel in Amman and wait till we get to the hotel to request a driver to Petra for the next day? Has anyone done something like this?
Thanks for any driver names or suggestions!
Weekend Trip to Jordan need driver help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 2 Hotels in Nairobi
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant