Three adults, myself, my husband and my adult son, will be flying into Queen Alia airport at 6pm on a Friday evening. I'd like to book a driver to take us from the airport to Petra where we'd stay until Sunday when we'd need to get back to the airport for a 7pm departure. I realize that most people arrange transportation to Petra via their hotel or take the JETT bus. I haven't booked a hotel yet since I don't know if I CAN get to Petra on Friday evening or if I should book a hotel in Amman or Madaba and get a ride Saturday morning (in which case we could take the JETT bus)...
I'm really stuck and I need some help.
How easy is it to "wing it" and book a 4-5 star hotel in Amman and wait till we get to the hotel to request a driver to Petra for the next day? Has anyone done something like this?
Thanks for any driver names or suggestions!
Weekend Trip to Jordan need driver help!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 2 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 3 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 4 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 5 Dubai first time
- 6 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 7 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 8 Zambia Impressions
- 9 Taste of Dubai
- 10 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 11 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 12 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 13 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 14 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 15 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 16 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 17 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 20 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 21 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 22 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 23 Dubai and/or Oman
- 24 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 25 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari