I'm trying to pick a destination for my March/April 2006 (between March 12 and April 23 because of work). My three options are:
South Africa (Phinda and Londoz)
Tanzania (Selous and Ruaha)
Zambia (South Luangwa)
I was originally planning on South Africa, but Rocco's descriptions of the green season in Zambia certainly are tempting! All three destinations look like they will cost about the same, in the realm of £2,300 ($4100 at current exchange rates) -- the accommodation in South Africa is more expensive, but I can use frequent flier miles to get there whereas I can't for Tanz or Zambia so it evens out. I'll be travelling solo, and CCA doesn't charge single supplements which is also helpful on the SA end of things.
My main concern is weather -- I have a medical condition which makes it very difficult to tolerate hot (above high 70s) humid weather. This is the main reason I've always travelled to Southern Africa during June and July. I've never been to East Africa (yet) so this would be my first trip there.
If you have travelled to any of these areas in March or April, what was the weather like in terms of temperature and humidity? How was the game-viewing? If anyone has been to more than one of these areas in the spring, how do they compare? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South African Cities
- 2 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 3 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 4 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 5 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 6 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 7 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 8 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 9 where to go in africa
- 10 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 11 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 12 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 13 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 14 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 15 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 16 Help with bags
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 19 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 20 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 21 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Shopping in Morocco
- 24 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 25 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
Weather for March/April 2006 Safari -- best in SA, Tanz, or Zambia?