I'm trying to pick a destination for my March/April 2006 (between March 12 and April 23 because of work). My three options are:
South Africa (Phinda and Londoz)
Tanzania (Selous and Ruaha)
Zambia (South Luangwa)
I was originally planning on South Africa, but Rocco's descriptions of the green season in Zambia certainly are tempting! All three destinations look like they will cost about the same, in the realm of £2,300 ($4100 at current exchange rates) -- the accommodation in South Africa is more expensive, but I can use frequent flier miles to get there whereas I can't for Tanz or Zambia so it evens out. I'll be travelling solo, and CCA doesn't charge single supplements which is also helpful on the SA end of things.
My main concern is weather -- I have a medical condition which makes it very difficult to tolerate hot (above high 70s) humid weather. This is the main reason I've always travelled to Southern Africa during June and July. I've never been to East Africa (yet) so this would be my first trip there.
If you have travelled to any of these areas in March or April, what was the weather like in terms of temperature and humidity? How was the game-viewing? If anyone has been to more than one of these areas in the spring, how do they compare? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 2 Israel for 10 days
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 5 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 6 experiences with African travel Resource
- 7 name issue
- 8 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 9 Madagascar suggestions
- 10 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 11 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 12 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 13 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 14 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 15 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 16 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 17 Single traveler
- 18 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 19 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 20 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 23 morocco help please
- 24 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 25 Botswana - Oct vs June
Weather for March/April 2006 Safari -- best in SA, Tanz, or Zambia?