I'm trying to pick a destination for my March/April 2006 (between March 12 and April 23 because of work). My three options are:
South Africa (Phinda and Londoz)
Tanzania (Selous and Ruaha)
Zambia (South Luangwa)
I was originally planning on South Africa, but Rocco's descriptions of the green season in Zambia certainly are tempting! All three destinations look like they will cost about the same, in the realm of £2,300 ($4100 at current exchange rates) -- the accommodation in South Africa is more expensive, but I can use frequent flier miles to get there whereas I can't for Tanz or Zambia so it evens out. I'll be travelling solo, and CCA doesn't charge single supplements which is also helpful on the SA end of things.
My main concern is weather -- I have a medical condition which makes it very difficult to tolerate hot (above high 70s) humid weather. This is the main reason I've always travelled to Southern Africa during June and July. I've never been to East Africa (yet) so this would be my first trip there.
If you have travelled to any of these areas in March or April, what was the weather like in terms of temperature and humidity? How was the game-viewing? If anyone has been to more than one of these areas in the spring, how do they compare? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/avalure-cream/
- 2 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 3 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 6 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 11 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 12 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 13 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 16 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 17 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Buying merchandise
- 20 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 21 Egypt January-February 2018
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 24 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 25 Dubai shopping - any tips?
Weather for March/April 2006 Safari -- best in SA, Tanz, or Zambia?