I'm trying to pick a destination for my March/April 2006 (between March 12 and April 23 because of work). My three options are:
South Africa (Phinda and Londoz)
Tanzania (Selous and Ruaha)
Zambia (South Luangwa)
I was originally planning on South Africa, but Rocco's descriptions of the green season in Zambia certainly are tempting! All three destinations look like they will cost about the same, in the realm of £2,300 ($4100 at current exchange rates) -- the accommodation in South Africa is more expensive, but I can use frequent flier miles to get there whereas I can't for Tanz or Zambia so it evens out. I'll be travelling solo, and CCA doesn't charge single supplements which is also helpful on the SA end of things.
My main concern is weather -- I have a medical condition which makes it very difficult to tolerate hot (above high 70s) humid weather. This is the main reason I've always travelled to Southern Africa during June and July. I've never been to East Africa (yet) so this would be my first trip there.
If you have travelled to any of these areas in March or April, what was the weather like in terms of temperature and humidity? How was the game-viewing? If anyone has been to more than one of these areas in the spring, how do they compare? Thanks!
Weather for March/April 2006 Safari -- best in SA, Tanz, or Zambia?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 2 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 3 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 4 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 5 Where can I get online watches?
- 6 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 7 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 8 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 9 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 10 Safari on a budget!
- 11 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 12 what kind of phone
- 13 Small group tours in israel
- 14 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 15 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 16 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 17 Iran Info, Please
- 18 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 19 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 20 fez accommodation
- 21 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 22 Egypt safe travel
- 23 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 24 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 25 Need help with N TZ itinerary