I have asked an earlier question and received great input on planning a safari for next year. We plan to make a decision in 1-2 weeks for a trip starting out in mid-Feb.r We have traveled on 4 continents and have our most enjoyable and memorable=Best trips ever list. Before we make a final decision on a private Tanzanian Safari including 9 Full Days away from Arusha (meaning NOT including the day of arrival or day the safari ends back in Arusha in the afternoon with an overnight) we wanted to ask seasoned travelers who have possibly been to Asia, Australia, Alaska,South America, Antartica,etc.whether your safari makes your #1 or #2 Best Trips Ever List. Considering it will cost us a minimum of $13-$14,000 with flights staying at Serena Lodges, Dunia Camps, etc.we.have a 5% hesitation that there will be a lot of idle time, that the combination of 85 degree temps with 85% humidity during day time hours back at the lodges with no A/C or out on safari waiting for sightings will not be off set by the magnificnce of the migration sightings. But on the other hand every time we see a History Channel program of Tanzania, or Congo, etc. we are inspired to visit. Can you give me your thoughts??? Thanks.
Was your African Safari your #1 or # 2 Best Trip Ever
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report