I have asked an earlier question and received great input on planning a safari for next year. We plan to make a decision in 1-2 weeks for a trip starting out in mid-Feb.r We have traveled on 4 continents and have our most enjoyable and memorable=Best trips ever list. Before we make a final decision on a private Tanzanian Safari including 9 Full Days away from Arusha (meaning NOT including the day of arrival or day the safari ends back in Arusha in the afternoon with an overnight) we wanted to ask seasoned travelers who have possibly been to Asia, Australia, Alaska,South America, Antartica,etc.whether your safari makes your #1 or #2 Best Trips Ever List. Considering it will cost us a minimum of $13-$14,000 with flights staying at Serena Lodges, Dunia Camps, etc.we.have a 5% hesitation that there will be a lot of idle time, that the combination of 85 degree temps with 85% humidity during day time hours back at the lodges with no A/C or out on safari waiting for sightings will not be off set by the magnificnce of the migration sightings. But on the other hand every time we see a History Channel program of Tanzania, or Congo, etc. we are inspired to visit. Can you give me your thoughts??? Thanks.
Was your African Safari your #1 or # 2 Best Trip Ever
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 9 Homestay Accomodation
- 10 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 20 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 21 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 22 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 23 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
- 24 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 25 Night drives in Manyara worth it????