I have asked an earlier question and received great input on planning a safari for next year. We plan to make a decision in 1-2 weeks for a trip starting out in mid-Feb.r We have traveled on 4 continents and have our most enjoyable and memorable=Best trips ever list. Before we make a final decision on a private Tanzanian Safari including 9 Full Days away from Arusha (meaning NOT including the day of arrival or day the safari ends back in Arusha in the afternoon with an overnight) we wanted to ask seasoned travelers who have possibly been to Asia, Australia, Alaska,South America, Antartica,etc.whether your safari makes your #1 or #2 Best Trips Ever List. Considering it will cost us a minimum of $13-$14,000 with flights staying at Serena Lodges, Dunia Camps, etc.we.have a 5% hesitation that there will be a lot of idle time, that the combination of 85 degree temps with 85% humidity during day time hours back at the lodges with no A/C or out on safari waiting for sightings will not be off set by the magnificnce of the migration sightings. But on the other hand every time we see a History Channel program of Tanzania, or Congo, etc. we are inspired to visit. Can you give me your thoughts??? Thanks.
Was your African Safari your #1 or # 2 Best Trip Ever
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 3 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 4 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 5 Morocco Sahara Desert Experience - Trip Report
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 What camera to use on safari
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 10 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 11 India
- 12 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 13 Ideas about the trip.
- 14 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 15 3 days in Teheran
- 16 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 17 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 18 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 21 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 22 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 23 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 24 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 25 FOREX Nairobi airport