We visited the Namibia Craft Centre on Tal Street in Windhoek in August. We purchased two baskets that the craft centre agreed to mail to Canada for us. Seven months later and the baskets have not arrived. Fortunately, we took pictures of the baskets before we left the craft centre and we kept our receipt, so there was no argument from the craft centre regarding the fact that we had made the purchase. We have emailed back and forth with the Namibia Craft Centre who have been emailing back and forth with Namibia Post. The latest word from the craft centre is that Namibia Post has admitted that they have had a "number of queries" from overseas visitors regarding parcels that have not arrived. So, if you are planning to send parcels home from Namibia, you might want to try a courier service rather than the post office. Robin
Warning - Namibia Post
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan tour operator !!
- 2 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 3 Good reads
- 4 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 10 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 11 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 3-week tour at Egypt
- 14 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 15 Beirut
- 16 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 17 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 18 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 21 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 22 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 23 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 24 I'm going on safari for free!
- 25 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013