We visited the Namibia Craft Centre on Tal Street in Windhoek in August. We purchased two baskets that the craft centre agreed to mail to Canada for us. Seven months later and the baskets have not arrived. Fortunately, we took pictures of the baskets before we left the craft centre and we kept our receipt, so there was no argument from the craft centre regarding the fact that we had made the purchase. We have emailed back and forth with the Namibia Craft Centre who have been emailing back and forth with Namibia Post. The latest word from the craft centre is that Namibia Post has admitted that they have had a "number of queries" from overseas visitors regarding parcels that have not arrived. So, if you are planning to send parcels home from Namibia, you might want to try a courier service rather than the post office. Robin
Warning - Namibia Post
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions about Chobe
- 2 Morroco Travel Guide
- 3 One Day V.I.P Petra tour
- 4 Mouhoutours Adventures for a Desert Trip in Morocco !!
- 5 India
- 6 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 7 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 8 Ideas about the trip.
- 9 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 10 3 days in Teheran
- 11 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 14 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 15 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 16 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 17 What camera to use on safari
- 18 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 19 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 20 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 21 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 22 To go to Israel or not?
- 23 Bidair at JNB
- 24 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 25 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon