We visited the Namibia Craft Centre on Tal Street in Windhoek in August. We purchased two baskets that the craft centre agreed to mail to Canada for us. Seven months later and the baskets have not arrived. Fortunately, we took pictures of the baskets before we left the craft centre and we kept our receipt, so there was no argument from the craft centre regarding the fact that we had made the purchase. We have emailed back and forth with the Namibia Craft Centre who have been emailing back and forth with Namibia Post. The latest word from the craft centre is that Namibia Post has admitted that they have had a "number of queries" from overseas visitors regarding parcels that have not arrived. So, if you are planning to send parcels home from Namibia, you might want to try a courier service rather than the post office. Robin
Warning - Namibia Post
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 3 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 4 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 5 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 6 Ebola and Morocco
- 7 Thompson Gazelle
- 8 Overland in West Africa
- 9 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 10 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 11 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 12 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 13 Morrocco and Cash
- 14 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 15 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 16 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 17 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 18 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 19 South Africa trip advices
- 20 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Tour to Morocco
- 23 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 24 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 25 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!