i would just like to start by saying what an informative forums this is. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary next year, and i wanted to surprise her with a safari. We travelled to Botswana last year, though this time I am looking to go further a field.
I was planning on booking a whirlwind trip lasting just over a month, starting in September. Having spoken with a couple of agents, this is what we have decided on:
15 nights in Botswana, including Savuti, Mombo, Jacks, Deception Valley and a water camp
2 nights in Livingstone
We then roughly have a 11 nights span to go on safari in Zambia. Whilst here, i have already allocated 4 nights for Chiawa. It is now a case of deciding where to go in SOuth Luangwa. I specifically wannt to concentrate on the walking safari element as this is what the PArk is reknowned for. The two companies that really take my interest are the Bushcamp company and Robin Pope. I have found only limited information through the search facility on these outfits. Bushcamp appears to be very intimate with a high emphasis on walking. Whereas Robin pope seems a little larger in a more populated area of the park. Any information on these two would be fantastic.
Once this is sorted, the SA is easily organised.
Thanks in advance,
Walking Safari in South Luangwa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Cape Town Safety?
- 4 first time family safari in August 2014
- 5 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 11 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 12 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 13 Help with Rwanda trip
- 14 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tel Aviv beaches
- 17 trip report, morocco
- 18 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 21 Morocco for 2 nights
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Hotels in Nairobi
- 24 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 25 Rwanda trip report