My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with camera bag/purse needs while traveling on Africa safari
- 2 Neck Wallet or a Money Belt
- 3 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 6 To go to Israel or not?
- 7 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 8 Dubai > Oman?
- 9 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 10 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 11 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 12 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 13 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 16 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 17 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 18 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 19 Awesome trip and still not done
- 20 South Africa
- 21 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 22 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 23 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 24 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety