My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 2 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 3 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 4 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 5 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 6 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 7 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 8 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 9 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 10 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 11 Eilat to Petra
- 12 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 13 Cape Town Trip
- 14 Safaga activités
- 15 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 16 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 17 Jordan vacation
- 18 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 19 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 20 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 21 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 22 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 23 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 24 Egypt with Zahi Hawass
- 25 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda