My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 Safari Cost Comparison
- 3 dubai for 5 days
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 8 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 9 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 10 Bugs n' Botswana
- 11 Group Trip to Israel
- 12 My Trip to Palestine
- 13 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 14 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 15 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 16 My trip to Egypt .....
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation