My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakesh City
- 2 Beirut
- 3 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 4 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 5 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 6 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 7 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 8 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 11 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 12 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 13 I'm going on safari for free!
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 16 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 17 Dubai first time
- 18 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 19 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 20 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 21 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 22 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 23 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 24 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 25 16 day mixed trip