My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Johannesburg...?
- 2 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 3 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 4 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Jordan safety concerns
- 7 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 8 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 9 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 10 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 11 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 12 A family safari in Tanzania
- 13 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 14 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 15 Uganda Trip Report
- 16 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 17 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 18 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 19 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Boutique hotels in israel
- 22 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 23 Short layover at JNB
- 24 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda?