My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 2 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 MOROCCO SOLO
- 12 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 13 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 14 Looking for out of the way places
- 15 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 16 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 17 Tanzania Safari
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 trip report, morocco
- 22 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 23 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 24 East Africa summer 2014
- 25 Cape Town Safety?