My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 2 Safari on a budget!
- 3 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 4 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 what kind of phone
- 7 Small group tours in israel
- 8 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 9 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 10 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 11 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 12 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 13 Iran Info, Please
- 14 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 15 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 16 fez accommodation
- 17 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 18 Egypt safe travel
- 19 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 22 Johannesburg...?
- 23 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 24 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 25 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs