My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What camera to use on safari
- 2 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 3 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 7 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 8 To go to Israel or not?
- 9 Bidair at JNB
- 10 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 11 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 12 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 13 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 14 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 15 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 16 Dubai > Oman?
- 17 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 18 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 23 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 24 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)