My partner and I are planning a year out travelling with our sons aged 11,9 and 5. We plan to visit Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zimbabwe (where I was brought up), starting in Sept / Oct 2011, and spending about 5 months in Africa before heading to SE Asia. Does anyone have any experience of travelling in these places with children this age? Any recommendations? With this being a long trip, we will need to watch our budget! We would also like to stay in some places for a longer period, volunteering either as a family or one adult, freeing the other to care for our children. Has anyone any experience of this? Any tips gratefully received! Thank you.
Volunteering and travelling with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Memory cards for camera
- 2 Israel and Petra
- 3 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 4 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 8 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 11 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 12 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 13 Tanzania Safari
- 14 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 15 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 16 Magnificant Morocco
- 17 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 18 Hotels in Nairobi
- 19 israel and petra
- 20 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 21 World Travel Expert
- 22 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 23 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 24 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 25 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?