I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.
I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.
I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.
Thank you to any one who comments.
Visiting the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 2 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 3 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 4 Best Airline/Route from US to Rwanda & Kenya
- 5 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 6 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 7 Safari on a budget!
- 8 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 9 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 10 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 11 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 12 Things to see in Dubai
- 13 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 14 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 15 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 16 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 19 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 20 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 21 Tips for Israel
- 22 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 23 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 24 Road To Morocco Tours
- 25 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco