I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.
I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.
I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.
Thank you to any one who comments.
Visiting the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 Car Rentals in Israel
- 3 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 4 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 5 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 6 Morocco to portugal
- 7 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 8 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 9 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 10 Independence Day in Israel
- 11 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 12 Drinking on safari
- 13 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 14 Travelust
- 15 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 16 Shots for Morocco
- 17 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 18 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 19 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 20 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 21 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 22 Thinking about The Gambia
- 23 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 24 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 25 Dubai Sand Dune dinner