I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.
I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.
I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.
Thank you to any one who comments.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 2 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 3 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 4 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 5 Marrakech
- 6 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 7 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 8 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 9 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 10 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 11 Audley Travel
- 12 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 13 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 14 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 17 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 18 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 19 Safari in South Africa
- 20 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 21 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 22 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 23 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 24 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 25 Safari travel agent suggestions?