I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.
I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.
I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.
Thank you to any one who comments.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 First trip to Africa
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 8 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 9 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 10 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 11 IRAN
- 12 Money in Uganda
- 13 Uganda Visa
- 14 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 15 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 Egypt - Need Help!
- 18 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 19 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 22 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?