I am writing a story that features the trial and tribulations of traveling in the desert, specifically the Western Sahara though I'll be glad to have the comments of anyone traveling in the Sahara as well.
I would love to know what its like to travel there, the preparations one would make, the excitment of traveling in such a different world--a reknowned place as the Sahara. I would love to know what there is to love about the desert and to hate and what is like to survive in this setting and maybe to thrive there because of your willingness to take on the challenge of a world few people get to see.
I would appreciate your comments, the good or the bad, how one lives day-by-day in the desert and how it can broaden your life or maybe even change it.
Thank you to any one who comments.
Visiting the Desert
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May