I will be doing my very first visit to kruger coming October '14 and just wanted to get some input on the current itinerary!
My partner and I will be flying into JNB around 2pm, hence we plan to stay the night at Johannesburg. The next morning we will make our way to Kruger.
After much reading up online and checking our many many lodges, we will be spending
- 2 nights at Africa on Foot as the walking safari appeals to me,
- 2 nights at Shindzela and
- lastly 2 nights at Skukuza (because Lower Sabie is no longer available and this area according to research has the highest likelihood of game viewing disregarding personal luck)
On our last day at Kruger we would be flying to port elizabeth (transit at JNB) from Hoedspruit to take a drive down the garden route to cape town.
Just some questions:
1) we are thinking of taking the road transfer from JNB airport as mentioned by AOF. Has anyone taken that and can comment on the comfort level of the transfer? Alternatively we may choose to take a flight instead. Still open to both options.
2) Transferring from Shindzela to Skukuza, I will have a car (our driving friends will meet us at shindzela), however is this drive feasible? the recommended driving time on the sanparks website is 5h35m from Orpen gate. Should I pick another camp instead?
3) For Kruger to port elisabeth, I cannot find any direct flight. There is only a flight to JNB followed by a separate flight to PLZ. Is there any other option?
4) On our last day before we fly to port elizabeth, we would like to take a short visit to blyde river canyon. Is this feasible or recommended? Or should we just forgo that in lieu of more time within the park before our flight?
5) Oh and how would the weather be like in mid october? What kind of clothes should we wear?
We are super excited for this trip, and would love to hear from you any feedback about our plans!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 HELP : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Zune Won't Connect To Mobile Device
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Business Tycoon in Tanzania
- 6 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 7 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 8 Safari suggestions
- 9 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 10 Travel to Cairo in July
- 11 Targin into Zambia
- 12 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 13 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 14 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 15 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 16 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 17 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 18 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 19 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 20 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 21 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 22 Passport question for International flight
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Tour operator near me
- 25 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya