I will be doing my very first visit to kruger coming October '14 and just wanted to get some input on the current itinerary!
My partner and I will be flying into JNB around 2pm, hence we plan to stay the night at Johannesburg. The next morning we will make our way to Kruger.
After much reading up online and checking our many many lodges, we will be spending
- 2 nights at Africa on Foot as the walking safari appeals to me,
- 2 nights at Shindzela and
- lastly 2 nights at Skukuza (because Lower Sabie is no longer available and this area according to research has the highest likelihood of game viewing disregarding personal luck)
On our last day at Kruger we would be flying to port elizabeth (transit at JNB) from Hoedspruit to take a drive down the garden route to cape town.
Just some questions:
1) we are thinking of taking the road transfer from JNB airport as mentioned by AOF. Has anyone taken that and can comment on the comfort level of the transfer? Alternatively we may choose to take a flight instead. Still open to both options.
2) Transferring from Shindzela to Skukuza, I will have a car (our driving friends will meet us at shindzela), however is this drive feasible? the recommended driving time on the sanparks website is 5h35m from Orpen gate. Should I pick another camp instead?
3) For Kruger to port elisabeth, I cannot find any direct flight. There is only a flight to JNB followed by a separate flight to PLZ. Is there any other option?
4) On our last day before we fly to port elizabeth, we would like to take a short visit to blyde river canyon. Is this feasible or recommended? Or should we just forgo that in lieu of more time within the park before our flight?
5) Oh and how would the weather be like in mid october? What kind of clothes should we wear?
We are super excited for this trip, and would love to hear from you any feedback about our plans!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South African Cities
- 2 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 3 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 4 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 5 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 8 where to go in africa
- 9 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 10 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 11 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 12 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 13 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 14 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 15 Help with bags
- 16 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 17 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 18 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 19 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 20 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 21 Israeli Tour Guides
- 22 Shopping in Morocco
- 23 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 24 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 25 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip