At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 2 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Morocco Trip Report
- 5 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 6 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 7 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 8 Car Rentals in Israel
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 11 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 12 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 13 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 14 Johannesburg...?
- 15 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 16 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 17 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 18 Islands to spend holidays
- 19 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 20 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 21 Safari buddies - late August
- 22 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 23 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?