At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 2 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 Drinking on safari
- 5 Travelust
- 6 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 7 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 8 Shots for Morocco
- 9 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 10 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 11 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 12 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 13 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 14 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 15 Thinking about The Gambia
- 16 Independence Day in Israel
- 17 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 18 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 19 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 20 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 21 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 22 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 23 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 24 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda 2015