At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 2 Jordan safety concerns
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 5 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 6 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 7 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 A family safari in Tanzania
- 10 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Uganda Trip Report
- 13 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 14 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 15 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 16 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 17 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 18 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 19 Boutique hotels in israel
- 20 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 21 Short layover at JNB
- 22 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 24 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 25 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?