At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 5 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 8 Bugs n' Botswana
- 9 Group Trip to Israel
- 10 My Trip to Palestine
- 11 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 12 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 13 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 14 My trip to Egypt .....
- 15 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 16 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 19 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 20 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 23 Homestay Accomodation
- 24 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 25 Morocco with Desert Majesty