At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 2 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 3 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 4 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 5 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 6 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 7 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 8 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 9 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 10 what kind of phone
- 11 Small group tours in israel
- 12 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 13 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 14 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 15 Iran Info, Please
- 16 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 17 Safari on a budget!
- 18 fez accommodation
- 19 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 20 Egypt safe travel
- 21 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 22 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 25 Johannesburg...?