At the end of October, I will be visiting my daughter who is studying in Accra, Ghana, for a semester. I would like to travel with her to another area of Africa, in addition to spending time in Ghana. I am interested in suggestions, particularly ones that involve seeing wildlife, and not spending multiple thousands of extra dollars! Someone who has spent a lot of time in Africa suggested hiring a taxi to drive from Ghana to Nigeria, and go to Yankari National Park. He thought the taxi ride through the various countries would be a wonderful adventure. Any thoughts about this, particularly for 2 females? Any other thoughts on where else to go besides Ghana? I know I will get good West African culture in Ghana, so I am more looking for nature/animals for the other part of the adventure. I will have 2 to 2.5 weeks for the whole Africa trip. am also wondering about flying from place to place, but my sense so far is that is very expensive. I am not a fancy traveler, and love being immersed in the cultures i travel in, but I definitely want to feel that my daughter and I are safe on all levels.I would love suggestion, experiences, etc. Thanks so much. Audrey
Visiting Ghana and Wanting to Travel Elsewhere
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 5 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety