Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 2 Jordan safety concerns
- 3 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 4 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 5 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 6 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 7 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 A family safari in Tanzania
- 10 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Uganda Trip Report
- 13 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 14 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 15 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 16 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 17 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 18 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 19 Boutique hotels in israel
- 20 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 21 Short layover at JNB
- 22 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 24 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 25 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?