Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 2 Tour to Morocco
- 3 Morrocco and Cash
- 4 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 5 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 6 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 South Africa trip advices
- 9 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 12 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 13 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 14 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 15 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 16 First time in Africa on safari
- 17 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 18 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014