Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 4 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 5 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 6 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 7 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 8 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 9 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 10 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 11 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 12 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 13 what kind of phone
- 14 Small group tours in israel
- 15 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 16 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 17 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 18 Iran Info, Please
- 19 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 20 Safari on a budget!
- 21 fez accommodation
- 22 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 23 Egypt safe travel
- 24 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 25 Cape Town + Safari and what else?