Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 5 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 Which Southern Africa Itinerary
- 8 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 9 Namibia road conditions
- 10 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 11 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 12 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 13 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 14 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 15 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 16 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 17 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 18 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Ebola and Morocco
- 21 Thompson Gazelle
- 22 Overland in West Africa
- 23 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 24 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 25 Morrocco and Cash