Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 4 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 7 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 8 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 9 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 10 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 11 Charity begins at Home!
- 12 Sun Safaris
- 13 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 14 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 15 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 16 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 17 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 18 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 19 Tour to Morocco
- 20 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 21 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 22 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 23 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 24 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 25 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?