Rivers State, one of Nigeria's 36 States was created by Decree No. of 1967. The state is the heart of the hydrocarbon industry and is responsible for a huge chunk of the nation's foreign exchange earnings. The status of Rivers State in terms of its strategic importance and significance to the nation's economy earned it the name, Treasure Base of the Nation. And Port Harcourt, the State capital, is known throughout Nigeria as the Garden City, because of its beautiful layout and topography.The state has a population of 3.9 million people who are hospitable and business-friendly with rich, unique cultural heritage. Port Harcourt, the state capital, is Nigeria's second busiest seaport. This cosmopolitan city has a busy international airport with regular links to all parts of the country and major cities of the world, marks the eastern terminal of Nigeria's railway system and is the largest commercial and industrial center in Nigeria outside Lagos. visit www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com for more info on hotels, lodging, culture, clubbing, restaurants and bars.
Visit Rivers state; www.rivers-onlinedirectory.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 3 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 4 Zambia Impressions
- 5 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 6 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 7 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 8 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 9 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 10 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 11 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 12 Dubai first time
- 13 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 14 Taste of Dubai
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 17 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour