Having decided last year that our big trip this year was Japan we've decided in the last few weeks that the Rand exchange rate is too good to miss and we've changed it to South Africa - it will be my second trip (last one was 30 years ago though) and partners first. It's a place that's been on our list for a long time. I'm now playing catch up with my trip planning though.
We leave 22 October and we were going to spend a couple of nights at Victoria Falls and then after a couple of nights back in Johannesburg spend the bulk of our 3 weeks in Cape Town with a side trip along the Garden Route and back on the R62 with a couple of nights in Franschhoek.
My question is given we would be at Victoria Falls at the end of October is the small amount of water at the falls as a result of the time of year and the drought going to be worth it? Money is also a consideration. We can't afford top end hotels (we try to have an average night spend on accommodation of $150) and my research so far suggests flights will be over $500 each (£350/R7750) and a decent hotel $200 a night. It all seems a lot of bucks for not many bangs.
I know this is very subjective but I'd be very interested in people's opinions.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 동양생명주식시세 장외주식시세 oninve.com
- 2 주식지수 장외주식 oninve.com
- 3 개미주식 투자유망종목 oninve.com
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 9 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 10 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 11 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 12 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 13 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 14 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 15 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 16 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 17 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 18 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 19 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Buying merchandise
- 22 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 23 Egypt January-February 2018
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco first timer around 8 days