Having decided last year that our big trip this year was Japan we've decided in the last few weeks that the Rand exchange rate is too good to miss and we've changed it to South Africa - it will be my second trip (last one was 30 years ago though) and partners first. It's a place that's been on our list for a long time. I'm now playing catch up with my trip planning though.
We leave 22 October and we were going to spend a couple of nights at Victoria Falls and then after a couple of nights back in Johannesburg spend the bulk of our 3 weeks in Cape Town with a side trip along the Garden Route and back on the R62 with a couple of nights in Franschhoek.
My question is given we would be at Victoria Falls at the end of October is the small amount of water at the falls as a result of the time of year and the drought going to be worth it? Money is also a consideration. We can't afford top end hotels (we try to have an average night spend on accommodation of $150) and my research so far suggests flights will be over $500 each (£350/R7750) and a decent hotel $200 a night. It all seems a lot of bucks for not many bangs.
I know this is very subjective but I'd be very interested in people's opinions.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://musclegainfast.com/muscle-science/
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 5 Morocco Trip Report
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!