Having decided last year that our big trip this year was Japan we've decided in the last few weeks that the Rand exchange rate is too good to miss and we've changed it to South Africa - it will be my second trip (last one was 30 years ago though) and partners first. It's a place that's been on our list for a long time. I'm now playing catch up with my trip planning though.
We leave 22 October and we were going to spend a couple of nights at Victoria Falls and then after a couple of nights back in Johannesburg spend the bulk of our 3 weeks in Cape Town with a side trip along the Garden Route and back on the R62 with a couple of nights in Franschhoek.
My question is given we would be at Victoria Falls at the end of October is the small amount of water at the falls as a result of the time of year and the drought going to be worth it? Money is also a consideration. We can't afford top end hotels (we try to have an average night spend on accommodation of $150) and my research so far suggests flights will be over $500 each (£350/R7750) and a decent hotel $200 a night. It all seems a lot of bucks for not many bangs.
I know this is very subjective but I'd be very interested in people's opinions.
Thanks very much
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 +27815220148 "psychiatric lost love spellz" - suprt traditional Blackburn
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Travel to Cairo in July
- 8 Targin into Zambia
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 11 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 12 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 13 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 14 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 15 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 16 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 17 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 18 Passport question for International flight
- 19 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 20 Tour operator near me
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 24 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 25 Draft itinerary for Morocco