Just found these great boards while planning 1st trip to South Africa/Botswana/Victoria falls, departing in early August.
I would love any opinions on the following:
1. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. Good place to stay? How long does it take to get to the falls? We will spend 2 nights. If we want to bungee jump, ride an elephant, and do lunch on Livingstone island, what is a good plan?
Is that too much to do while getting over jet lag? (After first night spent in Joberg)
2. Duma Tau (2 nights)
Read mixed reviews here. I will try to get Cilas as a guide. Question--I'm picturing herds of elephants since this property is boarding Chobe. Am I totally wrong?
3. Xigera Mokoro Trail (2 nights)
What should I expect from this? Just a funky camping trip, or will we see game?
4. Pom Pom Camp (2 nights)
Has anyone been here? Am I doing a good mix of camps/environments?
5. Cape Town (4 nights)
Has anyone stayed at Ikhaya Guest House or Liberty Lodge? We want very comfortable lodgings that aren't stuffy.
Also--any advice on malaria prevention? My doctor wants to prescribe malarone, but a friend said I need to find out what "kind" of malaria I'm going to be exposed to. Help!
Victoria falls, Botswana, Cape Town
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 Tanzania Safari
- 4 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 7 Israel and Petra
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012