Just wanted to let you know that my trip from Sept.1-14th was fantastic, I'm truly hooked now. I'm already thinking of Kenya next time. I've managed to download my 523 digital photos onto my computer and now have to figure out how to post them, although not all 523, just the best of the best. The biggest thing for me is to label what I want to post so you'll know where I was and what I took a photo of. I'm an artist/crafts person, not a computerist (is there such a word ?) so bear with me. First thing to put a smile on my face was the lodgings I had, they were better in person than viewing them on the Internet. For me personally, I'm glad I chose all lodgings and not mixed camping with it, this just suited me fine. The buffets that were prepared were very good and well presented. In fact they were so beautiful that you hated to attack them and help yourself, messing up the artistry in them, however I managed to do so anyway. Staff at these lodgings were great, friendly and helpful, most of them anyway. All my accomodations had AC and ceiling fans, and although not real hot in Sept. it was a welcome thing to come back to after being out pretty much all day. Pools at these lodges were pristine, although not heated, the water in the ones I used were quite bearable. I want to thank all of you for the help, suggestions and support you gave me and hope one day I may be able to do the same for another 1st timer. Ve
Ve (a 1st timer) is back from Tanzania/Zanzibar...all I can say is WOW !!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 2 Water fun under the sun
- 3 Tour to Morocco
- 4 Morrocco and Cash
- 5 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 6 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 7 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 11 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 14 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 15 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 16 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 17 First time in Africa on safari
- 18 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 19 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 20 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 21 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 22 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 23 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 24 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 25 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?