Just wanted to let you know that my trip from Sept.1-14th was fantastic, I'm truly hooked now. I'm already thinking of Kenya next time. I've managed to download my 523 digital photos onto my computer and now have to figure out how to post them, although not all 523, just the best of the best. The biggest thing for me is to label what I want to post so you'll know where I was and what I took a photo of. I'm an artist/crafts person, not a computerist (is there such a word ?) so bear with me. First thing to put a smile on my face was the lodgings I had, they were better in person than viewing them on the Internet. For me personally, I'm glad I chose all lodgings and not mixed camping with it, this just suited me fine. The buffets that were prepared were very good and well presented. In fact they were so beautiful that you hated to attack them and help yourself, messing up the artistry in them, however I managed to do so anyway. Staff at these lodgings were great, friendly and helpful, most of them anyway. All my accomodations had AC and ceiling fans, and although not real hot in Sept. it was a welcome thing to come back to after being out pretty much all day. Pools at these lodges were pristine, although not heated, the water in the ones I used were quite bearable. I want to thank all of you for the help, suggestions and support you gave me and hope one day I may be able to do the same for another 1st timer. Ve
Ve (a 1st timer) is back from Tanzania/Zanzibar...all I can say is WOW !!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger
- 2 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 3 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 4 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 5 Morocco Trip Report
- 6 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 7 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 8 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 9 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 10 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 11 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 12 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 13 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 14 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 15 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 16 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 17 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 18 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 19 Car Rentals in Israel
- 20 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 21 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 22 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 23 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants