Some friends and I were thinking of traveling to Marrakech sometime at the end of the year or next year sometime. My question has to do with safety. I know it's not bad there or anything, but for myself, I have a very historically famous (or infamous?) jewish surname and was wondering how safe it would be to travel under that surname to Morocco in general? I have never practiced the religion and have never been to Israel (don't care about the country). I just have the surname. I do get mistaken quite a bit as Arab by Arabs here in the US and when I was in Istanbul a few months ago, most people there thought I was a local or from Lebanon. Would it be safe for me? What's the sentiment towards Jews in general in Morocco (including ones who do not practice)?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 2 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 3 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 Buying merchandise
- 6 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 7 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 8 Egypt January-February 2018
- 9 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 10 safari for the mobility impaired
- 11 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 12 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 15 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 16 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 17 Dining in Cape Town
- 18 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 19 Dubai plan
- 20 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 21 Israel with kids in August
- 22 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 23 Iran in May
- 24 South Africa in June
- 25 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question