Some friends and I were thinking of traveling to Marrakech sometime at the end of the year or next year sometime. My question has to do with safety. I know it's not bad there or anything, but for myself, I have a very historically famous (or infamous?) jewish surname and was wondering how safe it would be to travel under that surname to Morocco in general? I have never practiced the religion and have never been to Israel (don't care about the country). I just have the surname. I do get mistaken quite a bit as Arab by Arabs here in the US and when I was in Istanbul a few months ago, most people there thought I was a local or from Lebanon. Would it be safe for me? What's the sentiment towards Jews in general in Morocco (including ones who do not practice)?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 2 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 3 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 6 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 7 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 8 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 9 Yom Hazikaron
- 10 Yom Haatzmaut
- 11 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 12 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 13 recomendation on African Safari company
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 16 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 17 One extra day in Jordan
- 18 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 19 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 20 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 21 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 22 Israel in Late October or November?
- 23 One month in Africa
- 24 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 25 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.