Some friends and I were thinking of traveling to Marrakech sometime at the end of the year or next year sometime. My question has to do with safety. I know it's not bad there or anything, but for myself, I have a very historically famous (or infamous?) jewish surname and was wondering how safe it would be to travel under that surname to Morocco in general? I have never practiced the religion and have never been to Israel (don't care about the country). I just have the surname. I do get mistaken quite a bit as Arab by Arabs here in the US and when I was in Istanbul a few months ago, most people there thought I was a local or from Lebanon. Would it be safe for me? What's the sentiment towards Jews in general in Morocco (including ones who do not practice)?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 2 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 3 UNITED: NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 NORTON SECURITY 24*7
- 4 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 5 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 8 Itinerary Ideas
- 9 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 10 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 11 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 12 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 13 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 14 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 15 Kenya/Tanzania
- 16 Dubai first time
- 17 2 nights in Dubai
- 18 16 hours in Qatar
- 19 Petra from Israel
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 A South African in Lusaka
- 22 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 23 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017