Some friends and I were thinking of traveling to Marrakech sometime at the end of the year or next year sometime. My question has to do with safety. I know it's not bad there or anything, but for myself, I have a very historically famous (or infamous?) jewish surname and was wondering how safe it would be to travel under that surname to Morocco in general? I have never practiced the religion and have never been to Israel (don't care about the country). I just have the surname. I do get mistaken quite a bit as Arab by Arabs here in the US and when I was in Istanbul a few months ago, most people there thought I was a local or from Lebanon. Would it be safe for me? What's the sentiment towards Jews in general in Morocco (including ones who do not practice)?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 2 Busting that joints
- 3 Aids to construct sculpted, lean, and toned body like a muscular
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 6 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 7 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 14 Dubai Guide
- 15 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 18 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 19 Loldia House Kenya
- 20 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 21 Alexandria
- 22 kicheche compared to porini
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 25 Chefchaouen Report