Some friends and I were thinking of traveling to Marrakech sometime at the end of the year or next year sometime. My question has to do with safety. I know it's not bad there or anything, but for myself, I have a very historically famous (or infamous?) jewish surname and was wondering how safe it would be to travel under that surname to Morocco in general? I have never practiced the religion and have never been to Israel (don't care about the country). I just have the surname. I do get mistaken quite a bit as Arab by Arabs here in the US and when I was in Istanbul a few months ago, most people there thought I was a local or from Lebanon. Would it be safe for me? What's the sentiment towards Jews in general in Morocco (including ones who do not practice)?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 5 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 6 Alexandria
- 7 Dubai in 36 hours
- 8 good internet connection option Meknes
- 9 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 10 South Africa trip report
- 11 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 12 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 13 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 14 Mombasa recomendations please
- 15 Private tours in Morocco
- 16 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 17 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 18 First time to Africa-need help!
- 19 How do I know if a company is legit
- 20 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 21 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 22 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 23 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 24 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 25 Kenyan Safari Spending Money