I'm planning to do four days in the Kruger area in September or October - 2 in Kruger NP, and 2 in either Umkumbe (in Sabi) or Toro Yaka (in Balule). I'd love advice on picking between them (and possibly a recommendation for a camp in the NP that's easy to get to.
My main concerns with each are that Toro Yaka might not have great game (due to its being in Balule), although its Tripadvisor reviews are really glowing. Umkumbe my main worry is that the available land to drive on is quite small. My priorities are seeing game, first and foremost. After that a sense of remoteness would be great - and I never say no to good food. I'm less picky about the quality of the rooms and amenities. Anyone have suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Money in Uganda
- 4 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 5 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 9 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 Best African Safari
- 12 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 beach visit after safari
- 15 Petra Wadi Rum
- 16 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 19 What is worth seeing in November?
- 20 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 21 Israeli Tour Guides
- 22 Masai Mara in May
- 23 Western Desert Itinerary
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 luggage for a weird itinerary