I'm planning to do four days in the Kruger area in September or October - 2 in Kruger NP, and 2 in either Umkumbe (in Sabi) or Toro Yaka (in Balule). I'd love advice on picking between them (and possibly a recommendation for a camp in the NP that's easy to get to.
My main concerns with each are that Toro Yaka might not have great game (due to its being in Balule), although its Tripadvisor reviews are really glowing. Umkumbe my main worry is that the available land to drive on is quite small. My priorities are seeing game, first and foremost. After that a sense of remoteness would be great - and I never say no to good food. I'm less picky about the quality of the rooms and amenities. Anyone have suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Dead Sea day trip
- 7 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 10 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 11 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 12 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 13 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 16 Travel to Botswana
- 17 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 20 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 21 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 22 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 23 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 24 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 25 Restaurant in Cape Town