I'm planning to do four days in the Kruger area in September or October - 2 in Kruger NP, and 2 in either Umkumbe (in Sabi) or Toro Yaka (in Balule). I'd love advice on picking between them (and possibly a recommendation for a camp in the NP that's easy to get to.
My main concerns with each are that Toro Yaka might not have great game (due to its being in Balule), although its Tripadvisor reviews are really glowing. Umkumbe my main worry is that the available land to drive on is quite small. My priorities are seeing game, first and foremost. After that a sense of remoteness would be great - and I never say no to good food. I'm less picky about the quality of the rooms and amenities. Anyone have suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together