I'm planning a Classic tour in Uganda and I have already contacted and selected numerous local tour operators.
Now for a 9 days private tour I have some budget tour operators with offers AROUND 2,400$ and some midrange ones with offers AROUND 2,900$ both with Gorillas and Chimp permits included.
I have started the selection having a look at the reviews on the web and checking if they are or not on a Lonely Planet Guide, but now I cannot move on in the process.
Moreover, I don't know if it is better to choose the cheaper ones (since I have to keep an eye on costs) or prefer the midrange ones to avoid unpleasant surprises.
This is a list of the tour operators I selected, would you like to help me in making the right choice?
Africa's Great Exploration (AGE) Safaris.
Brovad Tours and Travel ltd
Lifetime Experience Safaris
Mountain goriilla coffee tours
Travel Explorer Africa Safari
Kazinga Tours Ltd.
Wild Excursion Safaris
1000 Shades of Green Tour
African Adventure Travellers
Afri Tours and Travel Limited
Nkuringo Walking Safaris
AA Safaris and Tours LTD (gorilla-safari.com)
East african safari
Great Lakes Safaris
Uganda Wildlife Scene Safaris
African Pearl Safaris
I hope this post, with your help, could be useful for someone else.
[UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 2 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 3 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 4 MOROCCO CAMEL TREKKING
- 5 Buy links
- 6 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 Car Rentals in Israel
- 9 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 10 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 11 Morocco to portugal
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 15 Independence Day in Israel
- 16 Drinking on safari
- 17 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 18 Travelust
- 19 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 20 Shots for Morocco
- 21 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 22 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 23 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 24 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 25 Thinking about The Gambia