I'm planning a Classic tour in Uganda and I have already contacted and selected numerous local tour operators.
Now for a 9 days private tour I have some budget tour operators with offers AROUND 2,400$ and some midrange ones with offers AROUND 2,900$ both with Gorillas and Chimp permits included.
I have started the selection having a look at the reviews on the web and checking if they are or not on a Lonely Planet Guide, but now I cannot move on in the process.
Moreover, I don't know if it is better to choose the cheaper ones (since I have to keep an eye on costs) or prefer the midrange ones to avoid unpleasant surprises.
This is a list of the tour operators I selected, would you like to help me in making the right choice?
Africa's Great Exploration (AGE) Safaris.
Brovad Tours and Travel ltd
Lifetime Experience Safaris
Mountain goriilla coffee tours
Travel Explorer Africa Safari
Kazinga Tours Ltd.
Wild Excursion Safaris
1000 Shades of Green Tour
African Adventure Travellers
Afri Tours and Travel Limited
Nkuringo Walking Safaris
AA Safaris and Tours LTD (gorilla-safari.com)
East african safari
Great Lakes Safaris
Uganda Wildlife Scene Safaris
African Pearl Safaris
I hope this post, with your help, could be useful for someone else.
[UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls