In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupplementhub.com/primaliftskin-reviews/
- 2 Dead Sea day trip
- 3 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 4 Marrakech
- 5 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 6 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 7 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 8 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 9 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 12 Itinerary Ideas
- 13 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 14 Travel to Botswana
- 15 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 16 Loldia House Kenya
- 17 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 18 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 19 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 20 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 21 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 22 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 23 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 24 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between