In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 2 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 3 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 4 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 5 honeymoon place
- 6 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 9 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 10 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 11 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 12 Yom Hazikaron
- 13 Yom Haatzmaut
- 14 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 15 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 16 recomendation on African Safari company
- 17 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 18 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 19 One extra day in Jordan
- 20 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 21 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 22 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 23 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 24 Israel in Late October or November?
- 25 One month in Africa
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between