In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Alexandria
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Dubai in 36 hours
- 4 good internet connection option Meknes
- 5 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 6 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 7 South Africa trip report
- 8 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 9 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 12 Mombasa recomendations please
- 13 Private tours in Morocco
- 14 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 15 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 16 First time to Africa-need help!
- 17 How do I know if a company is legit
- 18 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 19 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 22 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 23 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 24 Ethiopian security
- 25 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between