In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 had a great trip with booking-tours eilat
- 2 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 3 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 4 Morocco Questions
- 5 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 6 Botswana in January
- 7 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 8 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 9 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 10 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 11 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 12 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 13 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 14 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 15 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 16 2 days i n JO'burg
- 17 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 18 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 19 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 20 Zambia HELP!
- 21 Israel in January
- 22 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 23 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 24 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 25 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between