In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 full~HD.watch The Walking Dead©
- 2 Best African Safari
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 7 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 8 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 9 What is worth seeing in November?
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 12 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 Israeli Tour Guides
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Masai Mara in May
- 18 Western Desert Itinerary
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 21 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 22 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 23 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 24 Trip to Merzouga
- 25 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between