In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 house exchange
- 2 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 3 casablanca airport taxis
- 4 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 5 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 6 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 7 Insect Repellent
- 8 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 9 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 10 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 11 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 12 Tiberias with kids
- 13 Lion World
- 14 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 15 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 16 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 17 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 18 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 19 Mpumalanga visit
- 20 safe areas to go on safari
- 21 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 22 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 23 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 24 Victoria Falls
- 25 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between