In initial trip planning/advice-seeking mode for two week trip in mid-July 2012.
Coming from San Francisco.Thinking to arrive into Nairobi, spend about 6 days on "standard" tour from Arusha (Ngorongoro, Serengeti, Masai Mara) then via road from Masai Mara to Uganda, for friend's "traditional" wedding in her home town of Busia (on the Kenya/Uganda border)
Her "formal" wedding is a week later in Kampala, so we have a week in Uganda before departing.
I'll fine-tune the specifics, with your help, later. For now, do you think the arrival and departure points, and time allotted (only two weeks, unfortunately) make sense? Would you plan those two weeks differently, knowing that there are specific dates i need to be in Uganda?
I have been to E Africa before, 40 yrs ago(!) ---have seen the "big name" game parks. But my travel companion has never been.
Any thoughts/advice/feedback most welcome! Asante!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://healthonlinereviews.com/hydroluxe-serum/
- 2 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/avalure-cream/
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 5 safari for the mobility impaired
- 6 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 7 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 8 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 9 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 13 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 14 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 15 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 16 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 17 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 Buying merchandise
- 21 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 22 Egypt January-February 2018
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 25 Private tour guide in Marrakech
Two weeks mid July : arrive Nairobi, depart Kampala...and in between