Breathe, girl, BREATHE.
I am getting SO excited. Each day, I review another segment of our itinerary.
While I am completely stressed out at work and due to the fact that I will be traveling in Amsterdam for a week (departing one week from tomorrow) before my husband and I depart for our first trip to Africa, I cannot let any of that distract me.
I am now running through last minute details.. what to pack, what I still need to purchase (little things like extra batteries, travel size toiletries, etc..), things I need to photocopy and bring with us as well as leave with trusted family/friends, etc.. the list seems to be neverending. Each day passes and I cross one thing off, it seems that 3 more items appear! I guess I just want to make sure we have everything covered. I've never been away for more than 2 weeks, and this is double that!
Just wanted to share our excitement, vent a little and if anyone has any last minute additions or advice, I would be so appreciative if you could share!
I also wanted to send yet another thank you to all of you that helped me along the planning process. This is my trip of a lifetime, and the research I have done on this site has proved to be more helpful than any other.
Two weeks and counting.. my first Africa trip!
Breathe, girl, BREATHE.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 2 I'm going on safari for free!
- 3 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 4 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 5 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 6 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 7 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 8 Dubai first time
- 9 Morocco Advice
- 10 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 11 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 12 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 13 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 14 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 15 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 16 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 17 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 18 16 day mixed trip
- 19 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 20 Canadian Insurance
- 21 Evacuation Insurance
- 22 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 23 Bespoke East Africa Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 24 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 25 Don't go to Morrocco!