We are a british couple getting married in Cape town in November and we want to honeymoon in Africa / Indian ocean combining safari and a beach to relax at the end.
We have been given two different itinerys as starting points and just wanted to gather as much feedback as possible.
Botswana / Zambia / Mozambique
3 nights Kwara Camp
3 nights Xakanaxa Camp
2 nights Tongabezi
7 nights Benguerra lodge
Kenya / Zanzibar
1 night Ngong House Nairobi
2 nights Shompole Lodge, Magadi Game Reserve
3 nights Naibor Camp, Masai Mara
2 nights Bedouin Camp, Samburu Game Researve
1 night Emerson & Green Stone town
6 nights matemwe Bungalows
We are hiring out a whole guest house for the wedding and guests in Cape town so we do not need help with that bit & flying ex UK to Cape Town.
We are experienced travellers but first time safari people & have stayed in all types of place from backpackers to 5* Maldives.
We do not mind sacrificing comfort for wildlife on safari. We are concerned with choice & quality of food on both island retreats.
Could anyone give any feedback on the above, we get married 6th November 2006 so will be taking this itinery 8th November onwards. We have been quoted GBP 9000 for both of us including all flights international and within Africa & all transfers. If I can clarify any bits then please ask - I just need some impartial advise!
Two honeymoon options
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 2 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 3 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 4 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 5 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 6 South Africa in February?
- 7 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 8 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 9 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 10 Dubai first time
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Zambia Impressions
- 13 Taste of Dubai
- 14 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 15 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 16 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 17 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 18 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 19 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 20 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 23 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 24 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 25 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb