We are a british couple getting married in Cape town in November and we want to honeymoon in Africa / Indian ocean combining safari and a beach to relax at the end.
We have been given two different itinerys as starting points and just wanted to gather as much feedback as possible.
Botswana / Zambia / Mozambique
3 nights Kwara Camp
3 nights Xakanaxa Camp
2 nights Tongabezi
7 nights Benguerra lodge
Kenya / Zanzibar
1 night Ngong House Nairobi
2 nights Shompole Lodge, Magadi Game Reserve
3 nights Naibor Camp, Masai Mara
2 nights Bedouin Camp, Samburu Game Researve
1 night Emerson & Green Stone town
6 nights matemwe Bungalows
We are hiring out a whole guest house for the wedding and guests in Cape town so we do not need help with that bit & flying ex UK to Cape Town.
We are experienced travellers but first time safari people & have stayed in all types of place from backpackers to 5* Maldives.
We do not mind sacrificing comfort for wildlife on safari. We are concerned with choice & quality of food on both island retreats.
Could anyone give any feedback on the above, we get married 6th November 2006 so will be taking this itinery 8th November onwards. We have been quoted GBP 9000 for both of us including all flights international and within Africa & all transfers. If I can clarify any bits then please ask - I just need some impartial advise!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Self drive tour south africa
- 2 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 3 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 4 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 5 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 6 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 7 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 8 Duba activities - help deciding
- 9 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 10 Private Guide for Cairo
- 11 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 12 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 13 Texting from US to Israel
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 16 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 17 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 18 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 19 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 20 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 21 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 22 Passport pages stuck together
- 23 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 24 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 25 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?