I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Tunisia - August 2008 Help Please!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marsa Alam, Rehana Port Ghalib
- 2 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 3 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 4 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 5 Road To Morocco Tours
- 6 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 7 Safari on a budget!
- 8 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 9 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 10 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 11 HIV and AIDs
- 12 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 13 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 14 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 15 Rwanda
- 16 Egypt safe travel
- 17 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 18 Zambia Impressions
- 19 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 20 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 21 Dubai trip
- 22 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 23 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 24 Honeymoon itinerary Spain&Morocco
- 25 Driving around Jordan