I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 2 South Africa safari, Cape town self drive trip plan- many questions
- 3 Is the migration early this year
- 4 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 5 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 6 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 7 Madagascar - your tips please
- 8 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 9 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 10 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 11 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 12 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 13 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 14 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 15 Road To Morocco Tours
- 16 Magnificant Morocco
- 17 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 18 Africa Film Festival
- 19 Roar Africa reviews
- 20 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 21 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 22 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 23 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 24 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 25 Need help with Israel Itinerary