I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Tunisia - August 2008 Help Please!
- 1 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 2 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 3 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 4 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 5 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 6 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 7 Africa Safari
- 8 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 9 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 10 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 11 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 12 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 16 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 17 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 20 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 21 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 22 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Kruger Park trip
- 24 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 25 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi