I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tipping...
- 2 Changing planes at Dubai
- 3 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 6 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 7 Morocco Trip Report
- 8 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 9 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Israel Transportation
- 12 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 15 Morocco help
- 16 First trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 19 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 20 IRAN
- 21 Money in Uganda
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 24 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 25 Private Guide for Cairo