I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trigger XL Prior to launching a fitness regimen, you must
- 2 http://www.nutritionofenergy.com/faixa-anti-ronco-funciona/
- 3 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 4 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 5 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 6 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 7 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 8 Trip to Petra
- 9 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 10 Cape Town -safety
- 11 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 12 Trip to Merzouga
- 13 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 14 Swaziland in January
- 15 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 16 good internet connection option Meknes
- 17 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 18 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 21 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 22 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 23 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 24 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 25 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains