I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mass Builder Isn't Getting You Serious Mass
- 2 http://healthflyup.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 3 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 4 Morocco Highlights
- 5 Uganda Trip Report
- 6 Money in Uganda
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 9 VISA for Mozambique
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 15 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 16 Best African Safari
- 17 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 18 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 19 beach visit after safari
- 20 Petra Wadi Rum
- 21 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 24 What is worth seeing in November?
- 25 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive