I am trying to plan a trip to Tunisia with 2 major questions:
(1) how to get there
(2) how to get around the country
(1) How to Get there.
I am traveling with 1 other person in the last 2 weeks of August. We are trying to get to Tunis -- but want to know the least expensive way to get there.
Flights from the US are at best $1,600 and even taking the boat (SCNM) from Marselle is $700pp --- in addition to a trip to/through France.
Any ideas for how to travel from the East Coast (LGA or BOS) creatively?
(2) How to get around Tunisia.
Should we plan to hire a car and driver? Is a rental car a safe option?
Should we arrange for UNESCO site guides beforehand or once in country?
Also, what is the best way to travel from Tunis to Djerba?
My apologies for so many questions -- I am grateful for any help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess