I am just back from a safari in Tanzania. It was wonderful, except for the Kirawira area was totally infested with tse tse flies. They were so bad we could not even look for game the last day we were there, due to the swarms that were neverending, regardless of where we were in the area. The most unfortunate thing is that they seemed to LOVE me (I did not wear blue, but the seats in the truck and my shirt were a dark green) and I got bitten severely and often. I am home for 5 days and still covered with the red bites (they no longer itch but are tender to the touch). How worried should I be about African Sleeping Sickness? I know the only way to diagnosis is with blood tests and other lab tests. Thanks for any info that you can share.
Tsetse fly bites?
- 1 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 2 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 5 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 6 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 7 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 8 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 9 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 10 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 11 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 12 Africa Safari
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 15 Kruger Park trip
- 16 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 17 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 18 phone service
- 19 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 20 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 21 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 22 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 23 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 24 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 25 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip