I am just back from a safari in Tanzania. It was wonderful, except for the Kirawira area was totally infested with tse tse flies. They were so bad we could not even look for game the last day we were there, due to the swarms that were neverending, regardless of where we were in the area. The most unfortunate thing is that they seemed to LOVE me (I did not wear blue, but the seats in the truck and my shirt were a dark green) and I got bitten severely and often. I am home for 5 days and still covered with the red bites (they no longer itch but are tender to the touch). How worried should I be about African Sleeping Sickness? I know the only way to diagnosis is with blood tests and other lab tests. Thanks for any info that you can share.
Tsetse fly bites?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 Rwanda trip report
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Tel Aviv beaches
- 5 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 6 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 9 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 10 israel and petra
- 11 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 12 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 13 Israel and Petra
- 14 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 17 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 18 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 21 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 22 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 23 Tanzania Safari
- 24 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 25 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)