Hello fellow travellers,
Really hopeful that someone here can guide me as to an itinerary that fits my budget and my timeline. So, here is how it goes. I am going to land in Johannesburg on the morning of August 28 as my partner is located there and i may have a couple of interview to do.
More importantly, I am hoping to spend some time visiting Kenya or Tanzania or both to witness: 1. the great migration in its full glory; 2. all possible attractions, activities and landmarks around. I can spare 10-11 days for this but must leave Jo'burg on the morning of September 14. My budget including return flights from Jo'burg to say Nairobi is a max of $4000 for both me and my partner (all inclusive in USDs). FYI I have never witnessed the great migration, which is the highest on my agenda but understand I could combine this with other important activities like camping at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro etc.
Is it possible to achieve all this in this budget? Or is it too late in the day to hope for this? Is it advisable that I defer this plan to next year and do something else in this trip. All options and suggestions are welcome, budget suggestions are more than welcome.
Trip to to Kenya/Tanzania to witness the great migration
Hello fellow travellers,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa trip advices
- 2 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 5 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 6 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 7 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 8 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 First time in Africa on safari
- 11 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 12 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 13 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 16 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 17 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 18 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 19 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 20 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 21 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 22 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 23 Binoculars for safari
- 24 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes
- 25 Tipping