Hello fellow travellers,
Really hopeful that someone here can guide me as to an itinerary that fits my budget and my timeline. So, here is how it goes. I am going to land in Johannesburg on the morning of August 28 as my partner is located there and i may have a couple of interview to do.
More importantly, I am hoping to spend some time visiting Kenya or Tanzania or both to witness: 1. the great migration in its full glory; 2. all possible attractions, activities and landmarks around. I can spare 10-11 days for this but must leave Jo'burg on the morning of September 14. My budget including return flights from Jo'burg to say Nairobi is a max of $4000 for both me and my partner (all inclusive in USDs). FYI I have never witnessed the great migration, which is the highest on my agenda but understand I could combine this with other important activities like camping at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro etc.
Is it possible to achieve all this in this budget? Or is it too late in the day to hope for this? Is it advisable that I defer this plan to next year and do something else in this trip. All options and suggestions are welcome, budget suggestions are more than welcome.
Trip to to Kenya/Tanzania to witness the great migration
Hello fellow travellers,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 4 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 5 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 6 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 7 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 8 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 9 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 10 Boutique hotels in israel
- 11 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 12 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 13 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 14 Short layover at JNB
- 15 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 16 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 17 A family safari in Tanzania
- 18 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 19 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 20 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 21 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 22 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 23 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 24 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?