Hello fellow travellers,
Really hopeful that someone here can guide me as to an itinerary that fits my budget and my timeline. So, here is how it goes. I am going to land in Johannesburg on the morning of August 28 as my partner is located there and i may have a couple of interview to do.
More importantly, I am hoping to spend some time visiting Kenya or Tanzania or both to witness: 1. the great migration in its full glory; 2. all possible attractions, activities and landmarks around. I can spare 10-11 days for this but must leave Jo'burg on the morning of September 14. My budget including return flights from Jo'burg to say Nairobi is a max of $4000 for both me and my partner (all inclusive in USDs). FYI I have never witnessed the great migration, which is the highest on my agenda but understand I could combine this with other important activities like camping at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro etc.
Is it possible to achieve all this in this budget? Or is it too late in the day to hope for this? Is it advisable that I defer this plan to next year and do something else in this trip. All options and suggestions are welcome, budget suggestions are more than welcome.
Trip to to Kenya/Tanzania to witness the great migration
Hello fellow travellers,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 2 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 6 Morocco Advice
- 7 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 8 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 9 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 10 I'm going on safari for free!
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 13 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 16 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 17 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 18 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 19 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 20 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 21 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 22 16 day mixed trip
- 23 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 24 Canadian Insurance
- 25 Evacuation Insurance