First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Single traveler
- 2 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 3 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 4 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 7 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 8 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 9 Viator tour company
- 10 tours in Johannesburg
- 11 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 12 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 13 South African Cities
- 14 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 15 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 16 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 17 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 18 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 19 where to go in africa
- 20 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 21 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 22 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 Help with bags
- 25 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa