First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 2 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 5 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 8 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 9 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 10 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 11 Tanzania Safari
- 12 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 13 Israel and Petra
- 14 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 15 Magnificant Morocco
- 16 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 17 Hotels in Nairobi
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 World Travel Expert
- 22 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 23 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 24 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 25 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?