First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 bayern-munich-v-atletico-madrid-live
- 2 ©®♋ Go & W@tch Atletico Madrid V Bayern Munich St!ream
- 3 Daniel Bruhl COnfess Pre-restrictions on suits break between half
- 4 help with itinerary please
- 5 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 6 MegaDrox - Increase Lean Muscle Mass
- 7 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 8 First time safari question
- 9 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 10 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 11 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 12 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 13 Swala Safaris
- 14 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 15 Dubai
- 16 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 17 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 18 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 19 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 20 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 21 Etosha help
- 22 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 23 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 24 private game reserve-kruger
- 25 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa