First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Some Useful Tips For Avoiding Shoulder
- 2 Starting An Internet Marketing Business
- 3 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 Olive Safaris Entebbe Feedback
- 6 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 7 http://advancedtrimsite.com/alpha-performance-enhancer/
- 8 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/hydro-muscle-max-reviews/
- 9 http://buysupplementsreview.com/t90-xplode-reviews-canada/
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 12 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 13 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 DOHA LAYOVER
- 16 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 17 Morocco Questions
- 18 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 19 Botswana safari recs
- 20 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 21 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 22 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 23 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 24 Botswana in January
- 25 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa