First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 To go to Israel or not?
- 2 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 3 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 4 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 5 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 8 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 9 Dubai > Oman?
- 10 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 11 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 12 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 13 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 18 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Awesome trip and still not done
- 21 South Africa
- 22 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 23 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 24 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 25 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.