First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 AVG@@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 AVG@@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 4 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 5 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 6 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 7 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 8 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 9 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 10 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 11 Marrakech
- 12 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 13 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 14 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 15 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 16 Audley Travel
- 17 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 18 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 19 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 22 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 23 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 24 Safari in South Africa
- 25 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa