First, thanks for your moral support and advice re: my agent who went "AWOL" for a time. As some of you seem to have ascertained, it was Destiny Africa/Rocco Morelli.
Thankfully, after lots of emails to our camps in Zambia--Kaingo/Shenton Safaris and Chongwe River Camp--we sorted everything out and had a great time. I am happy, though, I was NOT checking my email while in Cape Town, so I did not read the email from Shenton on June 17 saying that they had not yet received from transfer from Rocco for our stay on June 25--they finally did receive it on June 19. We are still waiting to receive $ back from the hotel booking he never made in Vic Falls and which we had to make with another agent the week before the trip. We will also try to get back $ that he took off the top because of the poor service we received.
So, the booking experience was really bad and drove me a little crazy, while the safari was heaven. We also spent 4 nights in Cape Town and 2 nights in Vic Falls. I will report more later, especially about the wonderful camps. For now, here is a little website my husband made with a small selection of our pictures.
Still missing the Wheeze-honk of hippos across the river from us at night.
Thanks again to you helpful Fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 2 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 3 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 4 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 Changing planes at Dubai
- 8 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 9 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 10 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 13 Morocco help
- 14 First trip to Africa
- 15 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 16 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 17 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 18 IRAN
- 19 Money in Uganda
- 20 Uganda Visa
- 21 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 22 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 23 Private Guide for Cairo
- 24 Egypt - Need Help!
- 25 Attractions in Cairo and around
Trip Report-Zambia/ Cape Town with Bonus Material on Destiny Africa