How to begin? spent two nights in arusha in a lodge which i thought was rustic but that was only because i had no idea what i was in for. we were a small group (six plus a driver, cook, and guide) so we all bonded quickly. best part of trip was serengeti. camped there for three nights - yes a tent in the serengeti. the first night we could hear the lions all night. the next morning while eating breakfast, there were five female lions about half a football field away watching us eat. the next night was spent listening to two clans of hyenas fighting over a wildebeast that was not yet dead. they were literally a hundred feet from the tent. of course, i had to go to the bathroom and was forbidden from doing so. i couldnt leave my tent. the third night it was back to some heavy lion breathing and it was so relaxing compared to the previous night. also visited the ngorngo crater which blew my mind. it is impossible to adequately describe my trip. it was more than i had dreamt of and i thought i had a pretty vivid imagination. i just want to assure anyone who plans on visiting that it is so worth the work (the vaccinations, long flight, anti-malaria meds, etc...). I cannot wait to return. Oh - I went thru Thomson Safaris and recommend them 100%. the guide met us at the airport and never left our side. TS walked me thru every step, gave excellent advice, and offered me a trip that allowed me to stay in everything from a tent I pitched myself, to a nice lodge. Awesome trip!!!!
trip report : tanzania
- 1 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 2 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 3 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 4 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 5 Africa Safari
- 6 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 7 Morocco - private tour operators
- 8 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 9 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 10 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 11 Kruger Park trip
- 12 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 13 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 14 phone service
- 15 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 16 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 17 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 18 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 19 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 20 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 21 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 22 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?
- 23 Amazing Safari Trip in Zimbabwe (Matopos-Hwange & Victoria Falls)
- 24 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 25 transfer from jnb and Durban airports