How to begin? spent two nights in arusha in a lodge which i thought was rustic but that was only because i had no idea what i was in for. we were a small group (six plus a driver, cook, and guide) so we all bonded quickly. best part of trip was serengeti. camped there for three nights - yes a tent in the serengeti. the first night we could hear the lions all night. the next morning while eating breakfast, there were five female lions about half a football field away watching us eat. the next night was spent listening to two clans of hyenas fighting over a wildebeast that was not yet dead. they were literally a hundred feet from the tent. of course, i had to go to the bathroom and was forbidden from doing so. i couldnt leave my tent. the third night it was back to some heavy lion breathing and it was so relaxing compared to the previous night. also visited the ngorngo crater which blew my mind. it is impossible to adequately describe my trip. it was more than i had dreamt of and i thought i had a pretty vivid imagination. i just want to assure anyone who plans on visiting that it is so worth the work (the vaccinations, long flight, anti-malaria meds, etc...). I cannot wait to return. Oh - I went thru Thomson Safaris and recommend them 100%. the guide met us at the airport and never left our side. TS walked me thru every step, gave excellent advice, and offered me a trip that allowed me to stay in everything from a tent I pitched myself, to a nice lodge. Awesome trip!!!!
trip report : tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rwanda trip report
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Tel Aviv beaches
- 4 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 5 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 6 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 7 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 8 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 9 israel and petra
- 10 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 11 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 12 Israel and Petra
- 13 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 14 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 15 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 16 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 17 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 18 Morocco for 2 nights
- 19 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 20 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 21 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 22 Tanzania Safari
- 23 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 24 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 25 Magnificant Morocco