How to begin? spent two nights in arusha in a lodge which i thought was rustic but that was only because i had no idea what i was in for. we were a small group (six plus a driver, cook, and guide) so we all bonded quickly. best part of trip was serengeti. camped there for three nights - yes a tent in the serengeti. the first night we could hear the lions all night. the next morning while eating breakfast, there were five female lions about half a football field away watching us eat. the next night was spent listening to two clans of hyenas fighting over a wildebeast that was not yet dead. they were literally a hundred feet from the tent. of course, i had to go to the bathroom and was forbidden from doing so. i couldnt leave my tent. the third night it was back to some heavy lion breathing and it was so relaxing compared to the previous night. also visited the ngorngo crater which blew my mind. it is impossible to adequately describe my trip. it was more than i had dreamt of and i thought i had a pretty vivid imagination. i just want to assure anyone who plans on visiting that it is so worth the work (the vaccinations, long flight, anti-malaria meds, etc...). I cannot wait to return. Oh - I went thru Thomson Safaris and recommend them 100%. the guide met us at the airport and never left our side. TS walked me thru every step, gave excellent advice, and offered me a trip that allowed me to stay in everything from a tent I pitched myself, to a nice lodge. Awesome trip!!!!
trip report : tanzania
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 2 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour