How to begin? spent two nights in arusha in a lodge which i thought was rustic but that was only because i had no idea what i was in for. we were a small group (six plus a driver, cook, and guide) so we all bonded quickly. best part of trip was serengeti. camped there for three nights - yes a tent in the serengeti. the first night we could hear the lions all night. the next morning while eating breakfast, there were five female lions about half a football field away watching us eat. the next night was spent listening to two clans of hyenas fighting over a wildebeast that was not yet dead. they were literally a hundred feet from the tent. of course, i had to go to the bathroom and was forbidden from doing so. i couldnt leave my tent. the third night it was back to some heavy lion breathing and it was so relaxing compared to the previous night. also visited the ngorngo crater which blew my mind. it is impossible to adequately describe my trip. it was more than i had dreamt of and i thought i had a pretty vivid imagination. i just want to assure anyone who plans on visiting that it is so worth the work (the vaccinations, long flight, anti-malaria meds, etc...). I cannot wait to return. Oh - I went thru Thomson Safaris and recommend them 100%. the guide met us at the airport and never left our side. TS walked me thru every step, gave excellent advice, and offered me a trip that allowed me to stay in everything from a tent I pitched myself, to a nice lodge. Awesome trip!!!!
trip report : tanzania
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Using Couchsurfing
- 2 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 Bugs n' Botswana
- 7 Safari Cost Comparison
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 Group Trip to Israel
- 10 My Trip to Palestine
- 11 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 12 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 13 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 14 My trip to Egypt .....
- 15 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 16 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 19 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 20 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 21 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 22 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 23 Homestay Accomodation
- 24 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 25 Morocco with Desert Majesty