Operator: Warrior Trails
Type: private safari, driving
Places vistied: West Kilimanjaro, Tarangire, Karatu, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti, Nairobi
• camping in foothills of W. Kilimanjaro
• wildebeest crossing Mara River in Northern Serengeti
• outstanding cultural experiences
• spectacular wildlife sightings
Day 1: arrive Arusha. Day room use Ngurdoto Mtn. Lodge. Overnight Arumeru Lodge.
Days 2 & 3: West Kilimanjaro. 2 nights at Hemingways Camp.
Day 4: Masai boma visit. Tarangire Nat'l Park. Overnight Tarangire River Camp.
Day 5: Tarangire. Overnight Maramboi Camp.
Day 6: Iraqw boma visit, Karatu. Lunch at Gibbs Farm. Overnight Ngorongoro Serena Lodge.
Day 7: Crater tour. Masai boma visit. Overnight Ngorongoro Serena.
Days 8 & 9: Central/Western Serengeti. 2 nights at Mbalageti.
Day 10: Northern Serengeti. Planned stay at Sayari camp changed to Asilia's Bolongonja mobile camp.
Day 11: Mara River. Overnight Bolongonja camp.
Day 12: Serengeti. Overnight Mbuzi Mawe.
Day 13: Serengeti. Overnight Ngorongoro Farm House.
Day 14: Arusha town tour & shopping. Overnight Karama Lodge
Day 15: Canoeing in Arusha National Park. Flight to Nairobi.
Day 16: Nairobi City Tour.
As a start, here are a very few pictures from our trip:
To be continued...
Trip Report: Tanzania & Kenya July 2008
Operator: Warrior Trails
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morrocco and Cash
- 2 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 3 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 4 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 South Africa trip advices
- 7 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 15 First time in Africa on safari
- 16 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 17 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!