I want to start saying that I’ve traveled quite a bit but this one was one of the most amazing trips ever in terms of close contact with nature. Absolute outstanding and worth it!!! I want to thank all fodorites that provide valuable information that proved to be extremely helpful in planning this successful trip. More on resources for planning below.
Photography (my #1 hobby, my #2 passion after my lovely wife) was one of the primary goals of this trip. I took 3000+ pictures (thanks to the digital era), trashed about 1000 and selected about 200 for you. For other enthusiastic photographers, I’ve added a session a the end of this report. A selection of the pictures be accessed at link below. They are better viewed in slideshow mode. They are all “geo-tagged” so you can see (in your browser on in Google Earth) the approximate location were they were taken.
Also keep in mind that my comments/experiences/suggestions below are just that: mine, from a single safari trip experience. Other people will certainly have different opinions/observations: listen to them all and do what you think is best for you.
A safari is not for you if you:
a) don’t enjoy watching animal behavior for hours
b) want a “for sure we’ll see it” deal (go to a zoo instead)
c) mind cold lunches
d) want to stay in bed till late
e) if you can’t afford $300 to $500 pppd (per person per day)
f) mind peeing in the open (and I mean, really open! I thought we’d look for some bushes but apparently that’s where the lions hide )
g) mosquitoes bother you (we actually saw very few of them – it’s was winter/dry season – summer may be a different story; we did get some annoying tsetse flies though)
We are looking forward to turn this “trip of a life time” into a “first trip of a lifetime”: we’ll most certainly be back; perhaps next time during the wet season for a change.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/dermagen-iq-france/
- 2 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 7 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 8 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 9 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 12 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 13 Passport question for International flight
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Tour operator near me
- 16 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 17 Sim card mainly for data
- 18 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 19 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 20 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 21 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 22 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 23 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 24 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 25 Storing luggage in Johannesburg