I want to start saying that I’ve traveled quite a bit but this one was one of the most amazing trips ever in terms of close contact with nature. Absolute outstanding and worth it!!! I want to thank all fodorites that provide valuable information that proved to be extremely helpful in planning this successful trip. More on resources for planning below.
Photography (my #1 hobby, my #2 passion after my lovely wife) was one of the primary goals of this trip. I took 3000+ pictures (thanks to the digital era), trashed about 1000 and selected about 200 for you. For other enthusiastic photographers, I’ve added a session a the end of this report. A selection of the pictures be accessed at link below. They are better viewed in slideshow mode. They are all “geo-tagged” so you can see (in your browser on in Google Earth) the approximate location were they were taken.
Also keep in mind that my comments/experiences/suggestions below are just that: mine, from a single safari trip experience. Other people will certainly have different opinions/observations: listen to them all and do what you think is best for you.
A safari is not for you if you:
a) don’t enjoy watching animal behavior for hours
b) want a “for sure we’ll see it” deal (go to a zoo instead)
c) mind cold lunches
d) want to stay in bed till late
e) if you can’t afford $300 to $500 pppd (per person per day)
f) mind peeing in the open (and I mean, really open! I thought we’d look for some bushes but apparently that’s where the lions hide )
g) mosquitoes bother you (we actually saw very few of them – it’s was winter/dry season – summer may be a different story; we did get some annoying tsetse flies though)
We are looking forward to turn this “trip of a life time” into a “first trip of a lifetime”: we’ll most certainly be back; perhaps next time during the wet season for a change.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 www.spamstuff.cc >> Sell all spam stuff, shell cpanel, shell cpanel
- 2 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 3 Morocco--advice on itinerary needed!
- 4 Suggestions for a group tour
- 5 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 6 Cape Town Itinerary
- 7 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 8 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 9 South Africa self drive, March 2015
- 10 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 11 Car Rentals in Israel
- 12 Dubai hotels
- 13 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 14 Pulse Africa???
- 15 Kruger
- 16 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 17 Uganda Trip Report
- 18 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 19 itinerary any ideas?
- 20 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 23 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 24 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 25 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport