in 2012, we spent 2 1/2 weeks in the southern part of Namibia and here is the trip report with lots of photos on my (non-commercial) website:
We visited these areas:
- Kalahari desert Red Dunes Lodge
- Quiver tree forest Mesosaurus near Keetmannshoop Mesosauros fossile site and accommodation
- Keetmannshoop Bird’s Mansion Hotel
- Oranje River Norotshama River Resort
- Fish River Canyon Fish River Lodge
- Sperrgebiet Rand Park, Klein-Aus Eagle’s Nest Chalets
- Namib Tiras Mountains Koiimasis Ranch – Schwalbennest
- Kalahari desert Teufelskrallen Tented Lodge
I hope you enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 2 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 3 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 4 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 7 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees