in 2012, we spent 2 1/2 weeks in the southern part of Namibia and here is the trip report with lots of photos on my (non-commercial) website:
We visited these areas:
- Kalahari desert Red Dunes Lodge
- Quiver tree forest Mesosaurus near Keetmannshoop Mesosauros fossile site and accommodation
- Keetmannshoop Bird’s Mansion Hotel
- Oranje River Norotshama River Resort
- Fish River Canyon Fish River Lodge
- Sperrgebiet Rand Park, Klein-Aus Eagle’s Nest Chalets
- Namib Tiras Mountains Koiimasis Ranch – Schwalbennest
- Kalahari desert Teufelskrallen Tented Lodge
I hope you enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 2 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 3 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 4 DOHA LAYOVER
- 5 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 6 Morocco Questions
- 7 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 8 Botswana safari recs
- 9 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 10 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 11 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 12 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 13 Botswana in January
- 14 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 15 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 16 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 17 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 18 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 19 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 20 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 21 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 22 2 days i n JO'burg
- 23 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 24 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 25 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees