in 2012, we spent 2 1/2 weeks in the southern part of Namibia and here is the trip report with lots of photos on my (non-commercial) website:
We visited these areas:
- Kalahari desert Red Dunes Lodge
- Quiver tree forest Mesosaurus near Keetmannshoop Mesosauros fossile site and accommodation
- Keetmannshoop Bird’s Mansion Hotel
- Oranje River Norotshama River Resort
- Fish River Canyon Fish River Lodge
- Sperrgebiet Rand Park, Klein-Aus Eagle’s Nest Chalets
- Namib Tiras Mountains Koiimasis Ranch – Schwalbennest
- Kalahari desert Teufelskrallen Tented Lodge
I hope you enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 2 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 3 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 8 Viator tour company
- 9 tours in Johannesburg
- 10 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 South African Cities
- 13 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 14 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 15 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 16 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 17 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 18 where to go in africa
- 19 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 20 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 21 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 22 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 23 Help with bags
- 24 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 25 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees