I used this excellent forum about six months ago to help me plan my honeymoon to southern africa. I hope to continue adding to this thread a bit a day as I'm already back at work and also busy editing the 1000 photographs I took!! We had not gone on a safari before & now having done it would consider doing it again in a few years but unfortunatly there are too many other places in the world we would like to visit to justify going on every trip from now on. Thats not to say we did not enjoy it before anyone gets upset, it was the trip of a lifetime. I hope my report appeals to others like us who are first timers or unsure if they are "hardcore" enough to enjoy it!
After our wedding in Hermanus SA our schedule was as follows:
1 night JNB Intercontinental Airport
3 Nights Little Kawara, Botswana
3 nights Xaxanaxa, Moremi, Botswana
2 nights Tongabezi, Zambia
1 night JNB Intercontinental
7 nights Benguerra lodge, Mozambique
I hope to post the first part up tomorrow - but couldn't resist coming to have a look tonight at the website before I went to bed!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel for 60 year olds
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 4 Renting a cell phone in Johannesburg aiport
- 5 footwear for primate tracking
- 6 First Trip to Africa
- 7 Jordan - a very good trip, more or less
- 8 13 nights in Morocco-itinerary help please
- 9 22 Days at 4 Camps in Southern Tanzania - Ruaha and Selous
- 10 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 13 Morocco in October 2015
- 14 Remembering Palmyra
- 15 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 16 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 17 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 18 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 19 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 20 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 21 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 22 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 23 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 24 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 25 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city