Since I normally only post here in this Fodors forum, I thought I'd let you all know as well...
No real safari this time, but certainly eco-tourism to a place with some iconic animal specis; Canada!
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips from Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
If you have questions; just ask!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 2 Safari suggestions
- 3 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 4 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 5 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 6 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 7 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Passport question for International flight
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 Tour operator near me
- 12 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 13 Sim card mainly for data
- 14 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 15 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 16 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 17 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 18 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 19 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 20 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 21 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 22 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 23 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 24 Johannesburg
- 25 Cradle of Humankind
Trip report; a safari (sorta), but not in Africa