Since I normally only post here in this Fodors forum, I thought I'd let you all know as well...
No real safari this time, but certainly eco-tourism to a place with some iconic animal specis; Canada!
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips from Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
If you have questions; just ask!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 pores and skin care products
- 2 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 3 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 6 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 11 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 12 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 13 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 16 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 17 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Buying merchandise
- 20 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 21 Egypt January-February 2018
- 22 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 23 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 24 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 25 Dubai shopping - any tips?
Trip report; a safari (sorta), but not in Africa