Since I normally only post here in this Fodors forum, I thought I'd let you all know as well...
No real safari this time, but certainly eco-tourism to a place with some iconic animal specis; Canada!
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips from Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
If you have questions; just ask!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Trip Report
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 4 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 5 VISA for Mozambique
- 6 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 7 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 8 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 9 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 10 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 11 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 12 Best African Safari
- 13 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 14 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 15 beach visit after safari
- 16 Petra Wadi Rum
- 17 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 20 What is worth seeing in November?
- 21 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 22 Israeli Tour Guides
- 23 Masai Mara in May
- 24 Western Desert Itinerary
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
Trip report; a safari (sorta), but not in Africa