Since I normally only post here in this Fodors forum, I thought I'd let you all know as well...
No real safari this time, but certainly eco-tourism to a place with some iconic animal specis; Canada!
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips from Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
If you have questions; just ask!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 5 Botswana in January
- 6 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 7 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 8 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 9 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 10 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 11 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 12 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 15 2 days i n JO'burg
- 16 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 17 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 18 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 19 Zambia HELP!
- 20 Israel in January
- 21 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 22 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 23 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 24 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 25 Guidance on Single Supplement Fess
Trip report; a safari (sorta), but not in Africa