Since I normally only post here in this Fodors forum, I thought I'd let you all know as well...
No real safari this time, but certainly eco-tourism to a place with some iconic animal specis; Canada!
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips from Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
If you have questions; just ask!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 2 name issue
- 3 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 4 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 5 Madagascar suggestions
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 8 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 9 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 10 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 11 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 12 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 13 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 14 Single traveler
- 15 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 16 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 17 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 20 morocco help please
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 23 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
- 24 Nile cruise with Uniworld, October 2015
- 25 Israel for 10 days
Trip report; a safari (sorta), but not in Africa