Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 2 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 3 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 4 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 5 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 South Africa trip advices
- 8 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 Morrocco and Cash
- 11 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 12 Tour to Morocco
- 13 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 14 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 15 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 16 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 17 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety