Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 2 fats dropping product that's manufactured from
- 3 What Ethiopians Drink and Eat
- 4 http://justantiagingcare.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 5 http://platinumcleanserinfo.com/antiagen-eye-revitalizer/
- 6 http://www.musclehealthfitness.com/muscle-xtx/
- 7 My Tophttp://www.healthyapplechat.com/blackcore-edge-max-review/ic Title
- 8 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 9 Morocco Questions
- 10 Botswana safari recs
- 11 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 12 Top Five Must-see Places in Addis Ababa
- 13 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 14 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 15 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 16 Botswana in January
- 17 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 18 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 19 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 20 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 21 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 22 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 23 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 24 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 25 2 days i n JO'burg