Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Roar Africa reviews
- 2 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 3 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 4 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 5 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 6 Magnificant Morocco
- 7 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 8 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 9 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 10 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 12 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 13 Pulse Africa???
- 14 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 15 Safari luggage
- 16 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 17 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 18 Morocco Trip Report
- 19 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 Walia Tours?
- 22 Kruger
- 23 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 24 Cape Town Itinerary
- 25 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?