Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 2 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 7 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 8 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 9 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 10 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 11 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 12 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 13 Charity begins at Home!
- 14 Sun Safaris
- 15 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 16 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 17 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 18 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 19 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 20 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 21 Tour to Morocco
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 24 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 25 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.