Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 4 South Africa in February?
- 5 Morocco Advice
- 6 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 7 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 8 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 9 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 10 3-week tour at Egypt
- 11 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 12 Beirut
- 13 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 14 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 15 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 16 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 17 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 18 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 19 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 20 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 21 I'm going on safari for free!
- 22 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 23 Dubai first time
- 24 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 25 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti