Just back from Egypt and Jordan with Lady Egypt. We loved Jordan! It was much more relaxed than Egypt as far as the people, and the Country is beautiful. One of the first things we did was a night in the desert in Wadi Rum. It was cold! We wouldn't do it again, as it was a bit too cold (and even rained) to completely enjoy the great landscapes and scenery, but glad we did it. The Bedouin people are great and the food was good, but unless you're use to sleeping in freezing temps during the Winter, it might be better to get the hotel. Our guide/driver Jouseff was amazing and had to endure this part of our intinerary as well. Petra was amazing. Pictures will not do it justice, and you can barely touch the surface with 1 day, but a tiring day just the same. It is a huge, historical site that is beyond words. On our way to the dead sea we saw old Citadels made by the French mainly that again were heaping with history and spurring the imagination of earlier times. We stopped at Mt Nebo, which was amazing for what it represents, and then onto the Dead Sea, of which we really enjoyed. The people were great, got muddy, and floated weightlessly in the sea. Pretty amazing to see Israel on the other side as well, although we were reminded of the tensions between the countries. There were many places we would've liked to explore in Jordan, but time did not allow us to. Maybe next time! Our guide/drive Joussef was helpful, and we would highly recommend him! It was a great way to end a exhausting vacation.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://healthflyup.com/muscle-boost-x/
- 2 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 3 Morocco Highlights
- 4 Uganda Trip Report
- 5 Money in Uganda
- 6 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 7 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 8 VISA for Mozambique
- 9 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 10 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 11 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 12 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 13 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 14 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 15 Best African Safari
- 16 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 17 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 18 beach visit after safari
- 19 Petra Wadi Rum
- 20 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 21 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 22 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 23 What is worth seeing in November?
- 24 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides