My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 3 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 8 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 Yom Hazikaron
- 12 Yom Haatzmaut
- 13 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 14 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 15 recomendation on African Safari company
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda