My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Travelling and doing business in Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 2 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 3 Morrocco and Cash
- 4 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 5 South Africa trip advices
- 6 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 7 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 10 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 13 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 14 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 15 First time in Africa on safari
- 16 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 17 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!