My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Travelling and doing business in Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls