My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Travelling and doing business in Botswana
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Arabic language audio course
- 2 Nairobi airport
- 3 Dubai - Palm Island
- 4 Egypt safe travel
- 5 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 6 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 7 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 8 UAE Desert Safari
- 9 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 10 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 11 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 12 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 13 South Africa in February?
- 14 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 15 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 16 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 17 Dubai first time
- 18 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 19 Zambia Impressions
- 20 Taste of Dubai
- 21 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 22 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 23 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 24 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 25 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax