My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 2 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 3 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 4 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 5 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 8 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 9 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 10 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 11 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 12 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 13 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 14 Cairo International Airport
- 15 Petra from Israel
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 18 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 19 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 20 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 21 Dubai Guide
- 22 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 25 Bush plane luggage (again)