My name is Wilma.
I have always loved travel and needed to find a way to make it more viable as I enter my retirement years…but how can I do it? I decided to become a travel consultant and I am in the process of creating my own company.
My plan is to travel to Botswana and eventually specialize in it offering affordable trips for everybody.
But how can I obtain the information before going? I need Botswana connoisseurs, travellers that can tell me how to save money and make this trip of a life time as special as it can be. I need your tips, recommendations, experiences and anecdotes if you want to share them with me.
Without your input I cannot accomplish my goal of affordable travel.
I feel there is a way to go there that does not cost as much but we just don’t know where to look for it.
For example…is there a lodge that is reasonably priced? I know the major resorts get all the action but how does a person find those little out of the way places?
Do you really have to fly to every lodge? Can you rent a car and a guide from the capital lets say and tour the country? Is there any interaction with the locals? Did you get to eat local food? Any performance, ie dances, rituals? Is it worth to spend any time in the capital?
My plan is to arrive in Botswana beginning of Nov 2014 and stay for an entire month seeing as much as I can. Then when I get back I can turn my findings into tours.
I hope you can help me in this process. I will pay special attention to all your replies.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 PANDA@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 PANDA Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 3 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 4 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 5 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 6 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 7 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 10 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 11 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 12 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 13 Audley Travel
- 14 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 17 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 18 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 19 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 20 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 21 Safari in South Africa
- 22 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 23 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 24 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 25 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge